The last meal, Xin Hou (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by gazzarko: and my only concern is that i dont want to see Art to be involved specially when its only serve the same idea that the media and governments have created

Art is what we learn to give people hope and happiness , not to send a wrong message that came from the Devil him self

It's every artists right to depict whatever message they see fit, that is freedom of speech. Whether you personally agree or disagree with the message is irrelevant however you are free to express your opinion on this subject as well.

Art can be any emotion ranging from exuberant happiness to severe depression. It depends on what the artist wants to convey and the subject.
There are no rules and guides as to what is art and what is not or what you should be allowed to make art about.

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

02 February 2014
Dear cobra6 , its very simple , you have a lot of good points in your discussion , however . that art work made a very strong connection between the suicide family and Islam as a religion to a point that can't be understood in a different way as I see it from my perspective ,

I don't have the right to ask the artist to do based on what I see , since he has his own perspective , but I ask him to understand the situation and the symbolic of raising hands to pray and the things hanging on the wall before doing so , otherwise message art work will be good to see it in one eye only , and not 2 eyes .

I have much more to say , but this is forum to discuss art only and I can only talk about what relates to it visually as I guess .

all the best for all

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by abdulhady: Dear cobra6 , its very simple , you have a lot of good points in your discussion , however . that art work made a very strong connection between the suicide family and Islam as a religion to a point that can't be understood in a different way as I see it from my perspective ,

I do very well understand your concern but it's also the cold harsh truth that at this moment in time the majority of suicide bombers are using Islam either as an excuse or reason for their actions, much more so than any other religion.
The connection has already been made and has been for about 15-20 years now, the artist is just depicting the result of that.

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

02 February 2014
the rules say "Show respect to the opinions and feelings of others"
and its obvious it harts my feeling and many other muslims. just simply remove the bomb and make another story which doesn't involve terrorism or anything offensive. its a nice piece of art.
and please don't say its no offensive just because it doesn't offense you.
FYI
muslims doesn't raise there hand before or after eating. we just simply says
"bismillah hir rahman nir raheem" mean "In the name of allah, the most gracious, the most merciful"
hi cobra.
these days you can find anything on internet and the best part is it will satisfy your feeling no matter what religious or country you belong.

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by cobra6: I do very well understand your concern but it's also the cold harsh truth that at this moment in time the majority of suicide bombers are using Islam either as an excuse or reason for their actions, much more so than any other religion.
The connection has already been made and has been for about 15-20 years now, the artist is just depicting the result of that.

Cobra 6

Indeed Cobra Indeed the cold and harsh truth , even when in the basic information of this religion as the biggest 7 sins , suicide is one of them young or adult , I wonder what leads such people to these actions .

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by sherkhannabi: the rules say "Show respect to the opinions and feelings of others"
and its obvious it harts my feeling and many other muslims. just simply remove the bomb and make another story which doesn't involve terrorism or anything offensive. its a nice piece of art.
and please don't say its no offensive just because it doesn't offense you.

This piece very much respects the opinion and feelings of others, it's an interpretation of events executed with great care for details which sparks a nice discussion.

It's offensive to you personally because you are, from what I gather quite devout to your religion. This is very commendable yet should not be used as an excuse to censor a piece of art. Freedom of expression is more important than personal religion as you can simply chose to ignore someone's opinion or expression if you don't like it.
I'm also passionate about things and if someone makes an image about it which I deem offensive I just ignore it because it's their right to make that image.

Just because this image uses some symbolism from Islam in combination with more darker elements of this world does not mean the artist is attacking all Muslims personally. It's a piece of art about a certain part of this (political) religion.

Originally Posted by abdulhady: Indeed Cobra Indeed the cold and harsh truth , even when in the basic information of this religion as the biggest 7 sins , suicide is one of them young or adult , I wonder what leads such people to these actions .

The translation from the scripture through personal interpretation and opinions in my opinion

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by cobra6: The translation from the scripture through personal interpretation and opinions in my opinion

Cobra 6

Sort of , but still asking what leads them to understand the translation from the scripture like that ,
It's mostly the oppression environments that they live in as the artwork amazingly shows that in their faces , which leads them to these insane way of understanding , in most cases

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by abdulhady: Sort of , but still asking what leads them to understand the translation from the scripture like that ,
It's mostly the oppression environments that they live in as the artwork amazingly shows that in their faces , which leads them to these insane way of understanding , in most cases

Don't know really, a very limited and small minded view of the world perhaps?
But it's not just something related to Islam, it happens in every religion if it's taken far too literally.

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by sherkhannabi: the rules say "Show respect to the opinions and feelings of others"

Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

If you don't like the art, don't look at it. Don't comment on it. But don't expect that because YOU personally are offended by it that it should be removed or censored or (even worse!) that the artist should change it to be more 'acceptable.'

02 February 2014
as a piece of art, it is powerful, moving and thought provoking.

This is the only comment the artist made.

Life never ready to us, who had expected a letter changed the fate of a family, just like that.Father's calm, the mother's default, the child's panic.Our ordinary people dream is world peace.

what was the in the letter which caused the action depicted? sometimes people feel limited in what they can accomplish on their own or that they are swept up in events over which they have no power and drastic action is their only option. we can only imagine walking in another's shoes, we can not actually feel their emotions.

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by MohamedSakr: first, I rarely comment!! , so when I comment there must be a disaster!!

what I see here is pure Racism

Didn't know Muslims were a race? Interesting!

Originally Posted by MohamedSakr: but here clearly it is meant about muslims.... no matter what you tell me , the dressing , how the man is praying , mood, everything is saying "muslims are terrorists".

Not at all, the problem however is that the absolute majority of suicide bombers unfortunately cling to Islam.
I can't remember when I last heard about a Buddhist suicide bomber, or a Christian one, you?

Originally Posted by rabieart: - Politics or political propaganda in any form
If you wish to discuss politics, kindly find an appropriate forum for such discussion. Topics of this nature resort in lengthy and unnecessary arguments that are nevertheless totally unrelated to the subject of computer graphics or visual effects.

It's neither about politics or propaganda so this point is none-existent.

Originally Posted by rabieart: - Potentially inflammatory discussions or comments regarding social issues
These include, but are not limited to, topics such as racism, sexism, religion, xenophobia or homosexuality.

If we can't have religiously themed pieces then we have to stop doing Halloween / Christmas work as well.
Just because it personally offends you does not mean it needs to be censored. You can do that yourself by looking away and being above it.

Cobra6
LinkedIn

02 February 2014
Thumbs up good job !

good job !amazing!

02 February 2014
Great work, a picture of people thinking.

02 February 2014
Totally agree with you
+10

Originally Posted by cobra6: Didn't know Muslims were a race? Interesting!

Not at all, the problem however is that the absolute majority of suicide bombers unfortunately cling to Islam.
I can't remember when I last heard about a Buddhist suicide bomber, or a Christian one, you?

It's neither about politics or propaganda so this point is none-existent.

If we can't have religiously themed pieces then we have to stop doing Halloween / Christmas work as well.
Just because it personally offends you does not mean it needs to be censored. You can do that yourself by looking away and being above it.

Cobra6

02 February 2014
Very stereotyping

I'm surprised to see a professional forum as cgsociety actually decided to post this art. Don't get me wrong it's a great piece but it looks very offensive to certain groups of people. What if someone makes a piece of art depicting a family asian people eating a baby on the table, or something offensive to the american people perhaps regarding the 911 event...etc. I think that would be totally inappropriate and I'm sure people in this forum then wouldn't be like it's just a form of art... This art lack proper information and is very stereotyping.

Thread Closed share thread