Old Man, Antropus (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2004   #61
Impressive!!A classic painting in 3d.

Old 01 January 2004   #62
Thumbs down

It's perfect. Simply.

Old 01 January 2004   #63
The level of detail here is quite remarkable, from the moisture in the eye, the hairs up the nose down to the cracked surface of the painting. I'm not even going to waste my breath telling you that it's brilliant because you know that already.

Old 01 January 2004   #64
wow well done!

Old 01 January 2004   #65
From the Zbrush users waiting for the new version.

What version of Zbrush did you use ? Was it the unreleased beta version ?? Or was it the current 1.5.5b version.

If it was beta did you use displacement mapping ? Normal mapping ? any of the new features ?

And what texture Unwrap method for painting did you use ? AUV ? CY, or just hand unwrapped it yourself.

These things would just be nice to know.

Very good work anyway.
^v^

Old 01 January 2004   #66
wow! That's awesome!
Also your other works are just great!

Old 01 January 2004   #67
Azz!

Porca miseria!!!
WOW

Old 01 January 2004   #68

nice guy. holy cool.

very detail. i like the style! keep going on your works.

Old 01 January 2004   #69
I can help a little youngcat...If I may.
I asked the same question about the texture wrapping. It is a 2048x2048 AUV.
As for the version he used, looks like he used both..lol. Keep this in mind though. If he did use the beta..he might not be allowed to say. As for the Displacement mapping. There seems to be a big, unsaid change. A while back, in Pixolator's first Dino creauture post, he states about using a low poly object and a DMap (grayscale) wrapped on it for the detail modeling. Now, his recent RRrat post states nothing of a DMAp. Just straight modeling of a few MILLION polys. So it seems we have gone from a normal displacement to actual poly modeling of fine detail. Though, I have no doubt that he still keep the ability for ZBrush to generate a displacement mapto be wrapped on a lower poly object. Just because I don't think, given past experiences, that pixologic is prone to backstepping.

Hope this helps some.

Antropus, thanks for those brushes man! They are awesome!

Old 01 January 2004   #70
Quote: Originally posted by Mahlikus
I can help a little youngcat...If I may.
I asked the same question about the texture wrapping. It is a 2048x2048 AUV.
As for the version he used, looks like he used both..lol. Keep this in mind though. If he did use the beta..he might not be allowed to say. As for the Displacement mapping. There seems to be a big, unsaid change. A while back, in Pixolator's first Dino creauture post, he states about using a low poly object and a DMap (grayscale) wrapped on it for the detail modeling. Now, his recent RRrat post states nothing of a DMAp. Just straight modeling of a few MILLION polys. So it seems we have gone from a normal displacement to actual poly modeling of fine detail. Though, I have no doubt that he still keep the ability for ZBrush to generate a displacement mapto be wrapped on a lower poly object. Just because I don't think, given past experiences, that pixologic is prone to backstepping.

Hope this helps some.

Antropus, thanks for those brushes man! They are awesome!

I Belive it will have both at the same time. It would make no since to not have both.

And the beta users can say that they are using the beta so if they want I guess as Sourthern always states that he does infact use it.

I all so saw a leek photo so it has levels of subdivision, and I know how the wrinkles are formed now. So that is of some nice help for me to beleave that this program is in fact real and may be released in the future . But I bet it will not be untill the summer.

Old 01 January 2004   #71
wooooooooow

Hey antropus,
did u know that u r fantastic?
((what a +++++ question,of course he knows!))1
u'v done a fantastic job.congraduations,
but y did u put a flat bump texture on whole of the image?

Old 01 January 2004   #72
Well of course it real. As for the release, I haven't a clue save it should be soon. They have been working on the next version for a while. I just hope it isnt until summer. Besides, we at ZBC were told to keep our eyes peeled so that gives me a good feeling too. Maybe this month. Who knows save Pixologic and the beta testers. Anyway, sorry for getting off topic and kickin around in your thread antropus.

...Did I say great job?...

Old 01 January 2004   #73
WoW antropus , you just poppin' out masterpeaces

Old 01 January 2004   #74
antropus... i usually have something to crit.. but this time NOO! :]

your work was always inspirational...

and thanks for brushes... very kind of you...

this ammount of attention to detail i haven't seen for a long time... last time i saw it on escher's self portrait... and i thought that one can not be more crazy than this guy... guess i was wrong...

Old 01 January 2004   #75
Antropus you really are a genius. This piece of work is an absolute all-time masterpiece. It's a fantastic example of what is possible using CG. A great advertisement for the CG industry in my opinion!

Thread Closed share thread