Bruce_LotusArt, Alexander Beim (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2012   #31
This looks really good. There is one bit that's bugging me. Although everybody praised the hair, those eyebrows grow backward. The flow of most of the brows is inward and although it doesn't look bad it still doesn't feel right. I had to google some references to make sure. Looks really good, he looks good in a neutral pose. I hope I'll get to see a full body Bruce Lee of this quality. Keep it up.

Old 11 November 2012   #32
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS-ro: This looks really good. There is one bit that's bugging me. Although everybody praised the hair, those eyebrows grow backward. The flow of most of the brows is inward and although it doesn't look bad it still doesn't feel right. I had to google some references to make sure. Looks really good, he looks good in a neutral pose. I hope I'll get to see a full body Bruce Lee of this quality. Keep it up.

Thank you. No thay grow in right way, look on wireframe.

Old 11 November 2012   #33
Originally Posted by LotusArt: Thank you. No thay grow in right way, look on wireframe.

I did. That's weird... still can't figure it out. Anyway since I'm the only one seeing it like that it's clearly my faulty perception. Anyway really cool render, contrats for making first page.

Old 11 November 2012   #34
It is really sharp, I love it.

Old 11 November 2012   #35
Originally Posted by LotusArt: Thank you) I have use FG but not GI. First I used only two lights because my goal was try to create hard personality, so to much lights will make portrait to soft. So I have used third light very less, but no any GI.

Render time because of hair was about 5 hours in 2k resolution. My hardware is:

MSI X79A-GD65 (8D), X79
Core i7-3930K, 6x 3.20GHz overclock to 4000GHz
24 GB DDR3-1600

Great, thanks Alexander for the info

Old 11 November 2012   #36
Great work!

Old 11 November 2012   #37
Nice work. The eyes look good.

Old 11 November 2012   #38
Thumbs up

You Did a very good job, it looks just like him. Also the model was put together very well.

Old 11 November 2012   #39
excellent work

Old 11 November 2012   #40
very good

It impresses me a lot.........very fantastic work

Old 11 November 2012   #41
I love this!

Since you're animating it, do you take requests? My fave: that "Big Boss" sequence, where he's trying not to fight but then finally absolutely loses it! That was cinematic payoff perfection.

Old 11 November 2012   #42
Thanks for shearing some light into how the hairs are made, but its still not very specific.

Nevertheless, I have no excuse for blaming Maya Hair for the poor hair on my characters now.

I am rather happy with the result of Maya Furs, but the Maya Hair just not works well with me.

Old 11 November 2012   #43
Thumbs up

Great work!!

I can really imagine how painful the process of getting it right was and how many hours it took!

Just awesome! You are another artist who proved mayaHair with mray can produce amazing results.....in the end its the artist not sw!

Greets!

L.

Old 11 November 2012   #44
Awesome, Outstanding work. so realistic......

Old 11 November 2012   #45
Originally Posted by LotusArt: you should create two map displacement and normal map. I had 7 levels of detail in zbrush. So for displacement I create map for level 3, and normal map from level 3 to level 7. Because If you will create both maps for level 7 your model will be not the same as in Zbrush.

Excellent model.. lovely render..
i also have same thought. if you could, please do a video tutorial for these steps.it will help a lot of people around here including me.Thanks a lot.

reply share thread