Bruce_LotusArt, Alexander Beim (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Bruce_LotusArt, Alexander Beim (3D)

Title: Bruce_LotusArt
Name: Alexander Beim
Software: Maya, mental ray, Photoshop, ZBrush

This image is the result of many new futures that I learned recently. I think that in the future I will put more new versions of Bruce. Of course I would like to build a full body and create the animation. It will be interesting.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Talking Dragon

very nicee

Old 10 October 2012   #3
so is similar? Some wire views:

Last edited by LotusArt : 10 October 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Old 10 October 2012   #4
Thumbs up

Sweet render! Hair feels great

Old 10 October 2012   #5
looking good

Old 10 October 2012   #6
The hair looks fanastic, what did you use, & how you are able to make them so realistic?

Old 10 October 2012   #7
One of the best renditions of Bruce I've seen. Love the hair especially. Well done man.

[plugged]

~t

Old 10 October 2012   #8
fantastic hair.

you could write a thing or two about how its made...if its not secret

Old 11 November 2012   #9
amazing....would love to see you do a full body model someday!

Old 11 November 2012   #10
Your hair use what to do

Your hair use what to do

Old 11 November 2012   #11

Hmmm.... Just minor tweaks.

Eyes should be a bit smaller,
Eyebrows a bit thinner,
Base of nose slightly lower (ie: longer nose bridge in your chosen camera angle so that nose bridge is longer vertically).

You might need to adjust the jawline after lengthening the nose bridge vertically - but I think it will be spot on.

Otherwise, I like everything about it..Eyes, expression, hair, skin tone.... fantastic.

Old 11 November 2012   #12
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan: Hmmm.... Just minor tweaks.

Eyes should be a bit smaller,
Eyebrows a bit thinner,
Base of nose slightly lower (ie: longer nose bridge in your chosen camera angle so that nose bridge is longer vertically).

You might need to adjust the jawline after lengthening the nose bridge vertically - but I think it will be spot on.

Otherwise, I like everything about it..Eyes, expression, hair, skin tone.... fantastic.

Perhaps, but you took only one concrete photo. You think eyes should be smaller? I don't know....

I don't plan to make Bruce Lee from concrete photo so as references I had about 300. And it is really difficult to find out how was any part of his face. He is everywhere different. I tried to catch a middle to create my one face mimics of him. I don't know maybe you right.

Guys for hairs I took standard Maya hair. Many many time of tweaking, I think the same time as for face self But sure now I can make it faster.

Last edited by LotusArt : 11 November 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #13
Great work...I think is perfect.
I would know how did the process from Zb to Maya, ive got a lot of problems, a mini tutorial could be the solution.

Old 11 November 2012   #14
Originally Posted by catalista: Great work...I think is perfect.
I would know how did the process from Zb to Maya, ive got a lot of problems, a mini tutorial could be the solution.

you should create two map displacement and normal map. I had 7 levels of detail in zbrush. So for displacement I create map for level 3, and normal map from level 3 to level 7. Because If you will create both maps for level 7 your model will be not the same as in Zbrush.

Old 11 November 2012   #15
Originally Posted by CGIPadawan:
Hmmm.... Just minor tweaks.

No way man, this looks rad. Plus your reference picture, he is looking down. Check it in the mirror.

Spot on, nice job!

reply share thread