Stone Cold, Yi Xu (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #31
Bad ass shotguns on a bad-ass dude.

Old 11 November 2012   #32
So, is this a high poly model or low poly model with Normal map ?

Old 11 November 2012   #33
Talking

Hey OPOP. An interesting render of Stone Cold. YOu said that you worked on it in your spare time. About how long did it take hour wise for you to complete? What parts did you do in z brush and what parts in 3dsmax?

It looks like a behind the scenes pic of The Expendables 1. good work

Old 11 November 2012   #34
Nice piece, it kind of reminds me of another piece done by one of your fellow countrymen ZhiHeng Tang. Do you work together? If not you should. The styles and quality are so similar.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=981866&utm_source=cgsociety&utm_medium=cgchoice&utm_term=981866

Anyway, congrats on the nice work.

Old 11 November 2012   #35
Smile interesting relpy~

Originally Posted by grafixsuz: Nice piece, it kind of reminds me of another piece done by one of your fellow countrymen ZhiHeng Tang. Do you work together? If not you should. The styles and quality are so similar.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=981866&utm_source=cgsociety&utm_medium=cgchoice&utm_term=981866

Anyway, congrats on the nice work.

Haha,lots of people mentioned that the two pieces look similar.In fact we used to work together in a same company years ago.Before I started this work,I took a lot of work for reference,including the one you mentioned.But I didn't realized they're so similar until I finished my work and some people said'wow they're so similar'.During the process I did all the stuffs myself.ZhiHeng Tang is a great artist by the way.

Old 11 November 2012   #36
Originally Posted by BrandonCaedesLiebenberg: Hey OPOP. An interesting render of Stone Cold. YOu said that you worked on it in your spare time. About how long did it take hour wise for you to complete? What parts did you do in z brush and what parts in 3dsmax?

It looks like a behind the scenes pic of The Expendables 1. good work

Thanks for your reply.I shall talk about my process of making the piece in few words.
First of all,Stone Cold is a character of power and strength and I'd love to make some kind of work like that.I downloaded lots of pictures in the movie'commando' in which SC played the mainrole.Also I love the "Walking dead" and I wanna my work to show some sense of thriller so I took some pictures for backgrond references. That's the idea of the "Stone Cold".
I did all the character models in zbrush and backgrond ones in 3dsmax.I textured models in photoshop and zbrush and finally rendered in v-ray.

I took about 3 to 4 months of spare time to finish the piece.My profession is a game artist
so this kinds of work is off-hour hobby.It really took much time.
Hope my words helps.Thank you.

Old 11 November 2012   #37
Talking

Thanks Op Op. Once again nice piece of work. What game studio do you work at? Keep up the amazing work

Old 11 November 2012   #38
very nice work !

Old 11 November 2012   #39
Well done man.

Old 11 November 2012   #40
this is really a great work............love the pose

Old 12 December 2012   #41
its looks just like stone cold!

Old 01 January 2013   #42
Excellent lighting and coloring. You nailed it.

Old 03 March 2013   #43
Great work ! I like it !

Old 03 March 2013   #44
Its amazing

"Because Stone Cold said so"

Old 03 March 2013   #45
I like to learn.

Thread Closed share thread