Old 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #46
DANKA
Argonaut

portfolio
Daniele Montella
Illustrator, concept artist
Danka-studio
Genova, IT

Amazing! I think this gonna be my new wallpaper!

Sketchbook

DAN-KABOOM!!! my blog

Old 09-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #47
Jacob Potts
Les Nordman
Dallas, USA

Incredibly detailed image, filled with the chaos and loss of person. A truly heartfelt, heartbreaking image.

To add more depth to this image, I know two men whose wives went through early onset Alzheimers, both have written about their experiences from the inside.

Robertson McQuilkin: http://www.amazon.com/Promise-Kept-...rtson+McQuilkin

and

Harold Burchett: http://www.amazon.com/Last-Light-Ha...harold+burchett

The struggle and love they showed in the watchmaker's maze was amazing. Can their experiences
on the inside of Alzheimers, help you?

Old 09-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #48
technokill
Frequenter
portfolio
Allan Martin
Art Student
Brazil

Wow what an incredible piece!

Very inspiring, specially for the amount of detail and the stunning composition!

I also couldn't avoid to comment on the image's description too! Commonly one would think that it wouldn't affect how you see an image but this is the live proof that a few words can raise the overall feeling of the art!

Cheers!

Old 09-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #49
Coyotes
Frequenter

portfolio
Boris Joanovic
Senior Character Artist
Bratislava, Slovakia

Beautiful as always Tony!

Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #50
Dernhelm
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Miss Touflette
LOURMARIN, France

Stunning piece!!
I had interpreted it the other way around, with the machine symbolizing the disease's inexorable increase as time goes on and pumping away all the memories, environment and personality of the man with those big scary pipes while he is progressively losing his strength to resist.
But I think that whichever way we chose to interpret this painting, it is absolutely awesome, or should I say horribly awesome... ;-)
It feels like you have sort of put your guts into it.
While not being gory or anything like that, I think that, as you watch the painting, and all the wonderfully rendered details and atmosphere, you slowly realise that this work is at once frightening and fascinating in a subtle but powerful way.
I find this aspect very interesting and classy. And all that generates genuine admiration for the artist who has managed to put so many artistic and emotional elements into this painting. And the graphics are truly magnificent! You are really gifted!!
IMHO, the significance of your work here is really deep and touching, conveyed in a superbly graphical way, it goes to the core of humanity itself. Masterful!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #51
Sheff
I Love TEKNO

portfolio
Andrey Yamkovoy
Kiev, Ukraine

Strong work! Keep up your work!

Can you show and tell a few words about lighting setup in this scene?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #52
Ashaxan
Veteran

portfolio
Herve LEBLAN
Concept artist . Environment designer
ZedrimKomtru.com
France

Send a message via MSN to Ashaxan

Impressive ! Lot of details in an interesting composition, a good use and integration of the 3D tool. Bravo !
Keep it up!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #53
airun71
PRO
portfolio
Francesco Accattatis
CG artist
North London, United Kingdom

Post Good job

I like the image, but I want to add my thoughts on the subject, since my mother is affected by Alzheimer as well.
I never considered it a punishment or a negative disease. On the contrary I consider it a blessing for her, for one reason.
When my mother was still 'with us', she used to say that what she hated most about diying is to leave your beloved behind; how painful that is, and she hoped to be able to meet again in the afterlife.
Now this disease has given her the opportunity to let go of each and every single memory, little by little, leaving this world in perfect peace of mind and soul. I know that she loved us very much, she has been a beautiful mother, gentle and caring, and I will never forget, but inside of me, that's a relief to know that she will not suffer passing away, leaving her beloved behind, without any regret or nostalgia...
That said, I'm sure we shall meet again, in the next life, with no memory of all that happened, and start over new, a brand new life!
Love & peace to everyone.

Francesco

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #54
OSBOURNE
mistical delusion

portfolio
Sergey Ossipov
3D Graphics
Czech Republic

Send a message via ICQ to OSBOURNE
Great work!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #55
InTerceptoV
MentalMan

portfolio
Toni Bratincevic
Irvine,

OSBOURNE, Ashaxan, Coyotes, technokill, DANKA, SciFibrow, yuka, Benam0u, oldcoolboy, RainerS, graphxengine, KaDDD, Comar93, Miked08, javiermolina, PatrickSuen, qoyun, filda, MrPositive, melica, Morris-3D, RAF ... thanks everybody for nice comments!

ramonesFAN ... thanks for the comment and I am sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Jacob Potts ... thanks for the info about those books, my wife is actually doing volunteering work helping older people and some of them have Alzheimer, so I think she will dig into those books since she became interested in knowing more.

Sheff ... lighting is relatively simple, just couple of cooler area lights and one warmer area light just on top of character.

Dernhelm ... thank you for your interpretation, I love when people see different story in my images, that means that I got viewer to think, which should be the point of every art, I think. As you said pipe that is connected to his head is actually pumping away his memories and his essence, and the mechanism is time itself, but you can interpret it as disease also.

airun71 ... I was actually thinking about the same thing when I was working on this image, how when you have Alzheimer you slowly forget about this world and in the end you leave in peace, compared to having a clean mind and being conscious while you are dying. I am sorry to hear about your mother.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #56
aamirart
Know-it-All

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Aamir Art
USA

in depth work

Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #57
WavesOfLight

portfolio
Richard Lindle
Creative Media Director
RSL Designs
Rotherham, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to WavesOfLight
A truly stunning, emotional piece of work. What a wonderful way to cement that person into our memories.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #58
entropymachine
PRO

portfolio
Cristiano Matos
Canada

Its fantastic, and love the background story of it!

Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #59
OSBOURNE
mistical delusion

portfolio
Sergey Ossipov
3D Graphics
Czech Republic

Send a message via ICQ to OSBOURNE
Well done man.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #60
kanokan
Veteran