Rue de Seine, Viktor Fretyán (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2012
Amazing piece of work! Congrats!

03 March 2012
Thumbs up

This is one of best i watch in recent time......concept ....Great details.....

show some wires and wips..

03 March 2012
Thank you guys for the nice words and the tips! the ppl in the boat and are photoshopped. so are the plants in the windows and the dirt like graffitis and aging of the walls. but other than that pretty much everything is modeled and textured. But i will post some wips and wires!

thanks again!

03 March 2012
best

Nice work. This has been nominated for a nickoleary award. that means you get a beer.

03 March 2012
Looks very good, even if personally i don’t see much sense behind the B&W picture. 3D is allowing advanced photo alterations by using photo projections on planes and simple models, but a picture is needing nonetheless some sense. ‘Look how beautiful’ doesn’t really work, when the mood has been already greatly captured by the original photographer, so it isn’t your achievement. ‘Look how photorealistic’ isn’t enough with patching photos together some way (as textures, backgrounds, what ever). And ‘Look how funny’ isn’t enough as artistic content when basically altering photos and adding some stylistic inconsistencies (not removing them respectively) in the hope to look like a surrealistic attempt. So the artistic value of the reproduction is more than questionable in my opinion. An other thing is the technical value, which is not judgeable as long the author doesn’t show his workflow.

The colour take is beautiful. The question there is still: how much of the esthetics is your contribution.

03 March 2012
i love the style by B&W is very good

03 March 2012
Hey there,

Sorry for only posting these now but I had so much other things...

here u can see the wireframe and the raw render as well. althou I have to admit these are slightly different. because as the scene just kept growing and growing in the end i had to finish it in the office cause i just didnt have enough RAM in my machines...so there are slight differences but these are I think barely noticable Like I said in the beginning the modeling part took like forever. It just never wanted to end!!! and I wanted to be really faithful to the real street so I took liberties only when it was absolutely necessary...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and like alwalys: thank for your comments!

03 March 2012
Thanks for showing the wireframes. Seeing now that most of the scenery is 3d, the reason for those cars and traffic signs in the B&W version is difficult to understand. Imo a pity, because otherwise a poetic picture. However, the photoralistic effects in your work are very impressive, and the modern version is top, especially colours and lighting are excellent!

03 March 2012
Hi Viktor,
that's indeed.. really insane lighting talent !
in my opinion, the empty, no trees and cars / color street works somehow better...
and thanks for quoting me
Olivier

04 April 2012
Groundbreakinggggg

This is from the best pieces i had ever seen, quite incredible everything,

I can not say something more as this work is just groundbreaking.

I Adore the black and white one

Best regards
Karim

04 April 2012
Wow mate, amazing work,
keep it up

BLOG

04 April 2012
Awesome work. Can't decide if I like the b&w or the colour better.

/b

04 April 2012
Suberb! Great mood!! Light is fantastic, and great work in modeling and texturing. Really i think it is very inspiring. I like that kind of renders that makes your mind fly and imagine things.
http://www.digital-hues.com

04 April 2012
I have no words, you are awesome.

04 April 2012
Thumbs up

Great artist and the Best Render

http://maxvsneo.blogspot.com/

Thread Closed share thread