Biomechanoid, Squidinc (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2003
This is awesome work.
Wonderful that its Cinema as well. You did an amazing job Squid. Kickass entry for Rosity. Congrats on the front page too.

11 November 2003
Well, aside from C4D constantly amazing me with it's incredible renderer..... WOW. I am awestruck. Some serious talent there. I have nothing to crit. I love it.

I am not worthy....

11 November 2003
really nice stuff man. what i think i like the most is how massive it feels. especially in the 2nd pic and hes just standing there but u have the back legs faded from the atmospheric effects that would only happens from something way far in the distance and his fromt legs are clear. this things has to be friggin huge. bravo nice work.

11 November 2003
amazing work

11 November 2003
Excellent design and rendering

André

11 November 2003
Now that's just nuts man, amazing work. You should most def. enter it for Exposé 2

Got to go with nathan 3d, on the wallpaper thing, but how about 1600x1200...please...

11 November 2003
Incredible Stuff!

I will actually give you some crits. For one thing you have WAY too much grain in the images, specially the second one. I think it is making the images a little muddy. Also I think overall the creature could use a little more contrast, you could accomplish that with lighting or more contrast on the textures themselves. Something to draw the viewer to a certain part of the image then have his eye move around it. The background colors are too close to the colors on the creature, you need something to make him pop.

These things are minor and could be dealt with in post work on the image. The model itself is phenomenal, incredible level of detail, hats off to you. Keep it up!

11 November 2003
Awesome work! I'd sure love to see an animation

11 November 2003
Reeks of originality! This piece is absolutely fantastic. Down to the color of the eye (highlighted in your avatar).

Superb work.

The opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily those of the poster. Unless you agree with them. In which case, they are.

11 November 2003
Aside from agreeing with Phugative's comments, I can only drool. A really creative piece, any chance of seeing some wallpapers or even movies in the future?

11 November 2003
iM LOOKIN AT THE POLYGON AND IM THINKIN....HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU

11 November 2003
Well, what can I say?? To be honest, first I thought of the Tortured Souls series when I saw the pic. Actually, I thought this was a photograph of the toy.

Nice work!
Within freedom lies anarchy
Within anarchy lies regulation

11 November 2003
mad work! this is so awsome......oh man....ur one talented artist....this the best modeling i have seen....very detailed! WOW! i m speechless. I hope u won....this is like...amazing

11 November 2003
really impressive.. for modeling/textures/render...

Thread Closed share thread