Squishy (and Girl), Stahlberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2003
Hi, Stahlberg. First I just want to say that you are great. You are the kind of person that makes me want to get good at CG. I always love what you do and this picture is no different. Just the overall idea and feel of it are awesome, as well as the skill involved.

But I do have one problem/question. The part of the smoke in the attached picture looks weird to me. Why is it like that, instead of being like the rest of the smoke?

And second, I feel like the background is kindof empty. Even with the wires it looked empty. That is just my opinion, though. If you don't agree, fine by me. I was thinking some kind of nature environment behind them? It all depends on your story. Maybe they are wandering in the forest on a rainy night doing something. It seems like she is kindof outdoorsy type with that kind of clothing on.

Thanks for listening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smoke.jpg (17.3 KB, 143 views)

06 June 2003
Some things that are bugging me are: the glow from the skull would light up her chest more than you've got it and the umbrella needs a tad bit more reflective light on it from the skull. The skuls lower jaw looks too wide to me or maybe it's because I'm up so late working. As for the breast size I think that it is fine being usually asian women have smaller breasts unless they are mixed. The forearm of the arm that is holding up the umbrella looks a bit too thick. Other than that all I have to say is *right click**save**

06 June 2003
I really like the lightning in your image, the girl looks pretty good too...
But I think the other character doesn't fit with her...

She would be great near a wooden house under the rain, holding a small light in her hands (+ the chinese ombrella...)

Anyway it's my personal taste sooo...

06 June 2003
Would you mind me introducing you to the so many Chinese readers (about 130.000)?

I really enjoy your so great work!
Would you mind me introducing you to the so many Chinese readers (about 130.000)? I am an editor of Chinese Fantasy Magazine, It will be pleasure to have chance to do the excited work! My email is that dingjianwei@hotmail.com, it will be qppreciated that you could contact me! I believe the chinese readers must will go crazy with your images!

DUVET

06 June 2003
Would you mind me introducing you to the so many Chinese readers (about 130.000)?

I really enjoy your so great work!
Would you mind me introducing you to the so many Chinese readers (about 130.000)? I am an editor of Chinese Fantasy Magazine, It will be pleasure to have chance to do the excited work! My email is that dingjianwei@hotmail.com, it will be qppreciated that you could contact me! I believe the chinese readers must will go crazy with your images!

DUVET

06 June 2003
The style reminds me of something from Spirited Away... Great work.

06 June 2003
Wonderful... Very serious composition going here!!! Beautiful work!

06 June 2003
Being original is the best way in the world to get negative feedback. You already know I like it and am looking forward to hanging a print.

06 June 2003
Talking

The software is just the tool.You use the edition of the software 5 combine creation excellent work.Like your creative power very much.Wish to hand over with you a good friend!MSN contact!

06 June 2003
Haha, pretty good painting!

That giant looks pretty queer

Last edited by Nakalay : 07 July 2003 at 09:51 AM.

06 June 2003
the lighting on the chest definately feels unfinished, somethings not right in there, and her face really bothers me too. i wish i could tell you why. the lighting on the left arm right at the elbow seems off, seems like the highlight should be angled up more.

the fingers on the giant hand look good and the jelly feel of the squishy guy does too.

06 June 2003
Steven, I am surprised you have not gotten into the new paint tools introduced into Photoshop 7. They seem more natural with a wacom to me. Wish I had more time.
But hey man, whatever works.

06 June 2003
I wasn't going to post until I had some artwork to post, so this'll probably be the only thing i say on this forum for a while, so you broke my silence for a bit.. ::Smiles::

but..

In regards to her age, don't make her older, the image has --LOADS-- more power if she's young, kinda like, innocence corrupting corruption. So, maybe make the bicep a bit smaller, ((even though it isn't all that bad)) and work on the background a bit, but keep her age the same.

[edit] Oh, yeah, forgot to say, awesome work, I really, REALLY like the artwork you put out, keep up the good work! [/edit]

06 June 2003
Thumbs down

Speachless....

Thread Closed share thread