Porsche 356b, Pandras (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2003

12 December 2003
I prerfer the black one. You see, I fell in love with black from the 1985 movie Better Off Dead. Yeah, it was that black SS Camaro that did it for me.
  12 December 2003
Wonderful compositing. The noise from your digicam (and thus the lack of noise in the car) is the only thing that really gives this one away. Too bad you couldn't mount your camera on a tripod so you could use the lowest (cleanest) ISO setting.

I think you should ignore the comments here calling for more "depth of field." (They probably mean you should make the background blurry, which is actually "less" depth of field.) Looking at the BG photo, it's clear that the lens was stopped down enough so that everything from front to back is in focus. You don't want to make anything blurry on the car render. It would look fake, and might make your car look like a toy.

In my opinion, your method of mapping photos to primitives seems to work better than HDRI. Theory seems good, too, from what I understand. It would allow you use lights with brightness values greater than the pure white found in an HDRI.
  12 December 2003
add the reflection of the cameraman on the car and everyone'll think its a photo

/Pedram .K
http://www.pedramk.com - Available for freelance
  12 December 2003
need to put these on a faster sever ...or something....
  12 December 2003
Thank you for your comments.

Sorry for the slow server, it's hungarian and works fine here.
I can't really put that material up elsewhere. But if I could, can someone tell me how to edit the Threadstart?
  12 December 2003
BTW, I would really appreciate if somebody could upload these pics on a fast server (then telling me how to edit the thread).
  12 December 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Joss
I prerfer the black one. You see, I fell in love with black from the 1985 movie Better Off Dead. Yeah, it was that black SS Camaro that did it for me.

Lol man its been forever since the last time ive seen that movie...
My Bedroom

12 December 2003
András: Esetleg mutasd meg a design21.hu-n is! Nagyon pöpec lett.

Fruit & Vegetable
  12 December 2003
First of all great job. I prefer the white one, goes better with the style of the car and the overal color of your image.

Couple of crits:

I belive there is too much reflection on the car and weel cap. I think the car could win in realism if it would have more diversity in the reflection, places that reflect more and some less, depending how the car is dirty, because even out of the shop it cant be that clean.

You should use more bump on the wall added and model the hole for the door so it catches the lighting of the scene, it looks flat.

Might be an impression but something is off in the scaling of the textures of that wall...

Visit my web site at http://www.artifex-online.com
  12 December 2003
Great work, the paint seems a bit too reflective, and the rims are not chrome as standard, they are painted in a silver paint...

The windshield looks a bit too curved to mee also.

Would love to see a "seagreen" one also..(then it would have the same color as mine :-))

"Is it morning allready?"
  12 December 2003
-- if anyone wants me to test drive the cars ill be more than happy
  12 December 2003
would it be possible if you could post these up on a faster server??

i saw 2 pics but can't seem to load the others as it takes a really long time..

but by the looks of it, you did an amazing job!
  12 December 2003
yup that's the one!!!
  12 December 2003

very nice

irány a Choice Award .......ps.: Tedd ki az AP re is

Thread Closed share thread