Laurel & Hardy, Tj159 (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2004
Great work!

Can you post the reference photo?

05 May 2004
quinox:
No background story. this picture was prepared for may portfolio, bicause I looking for a job.

05 May 2004
Absolutely an Awesome work. Even black and white pallete gives a superb atmosfere. Everything is very well modelled and textured.

05 May 2004
you will find one (a job ; )

05 May 2004
Excellent modelling and texturing; you've captured their essence really well.

However, I do think the lighting really lets the image down. Hardy's chin is almost black underneath, and Laurel's ear has a dark shadow right under it.

Perhaps adding a rimlight and some soft highlights will really bring the image to life.

Sorry for the crit, I do love the piece, I just think the lighting could make it look so much better.

Cheers.

05 May 2004
I'm sure there are some details to tweak, but for the moment, I don't even want to think about them. I just want to enjoy the work. I was a big Laurel and Hardy fan as a kid, and you absolutely NAILED the feeling, expression, and chemistry between the two of them. This is really great. Are you planning to animate?

05 May 2004
Hoo!

Cool. I have already seen your work on d21.hu, but i tell you again its awesome. You can see so little of these kind of pictures nowadays, although they "shine" pleasent feeling, so as your picture. Grats!
2005 interior
2004 sculpt of my mind

--
Tt

05 May 2004
Wooow!

This is Fantastic!! Very Nice Work!

Nagyon jól sikerült. Gratulálok!

05 May 2004
oh my god!!!

that belongs in an art gallery instead of on this site. INCREDIBLE work! The only thing that made clear this wasn't a photo, is that laurels face is a bit too fat, and there's also something wrong with his eyes (like he is very tired or something). And the pointing finger from hardy is a bit off too ... Other than that = amazing.
If you showed only hardy's face people would think you showed them a photograph. And your "suit-material" really blows me away !!!
I bet the job offers will come in soon with a piece like that!

05 May 2004
Wow. How long did that take you to model? Its so clean. All polys in right place (or splines wateva). Id love to know how long that took. Anyone else got a rough estimate from just one reference pic of that scene, and all from scratch??

05 May 2004
Modelling time four day, texturing, lighting, rendering, compositing four day too.
Some reference picture:

05 May 2004
LOL no real crits.. and I'm from the same town as Stan.... however I would like to see a render from a different angle almost just for the sake of it.

05 May 2004

I LIKE IT VERY MUCH

www.the-boulis.com

Thread Closed share thread