Promise Promo Painting, (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2003
Promise Promo Painting, (2D)

Title: Promise Promo Painting
Name:
Software: Painter, Photoshop

This is the promo painting for Promise, a short film project I created/wrote, and was slated to direct, but the funding fell though and the project is now on hold, awaiting more funding.

Last edited by Lunatique : 08 August 2003 at 04:27 AM.

03 March 2003
wow I am sure that it is going to be a very cool short
I hope you are going to keep us posted so that we can follow your progress

03 March 2003
that's a very promising image ya know??know i'm curious!!!tells us something about the story or something....plleeeeaaaaasssseeee

03 March 2003
hey whats this?

Looks great man glad to see that background finished!
I won't say much now, except I really like the promo peice...now wheres that 3d version

*shamless plug alert* Check out my Character Modeling / Texturing DVD's

03 March 2003
One more artist for my favorite folder
The works on your site are realy something, I'm keeping an eye on you...
Best of luck for this short project.

Out of couriosity, have you established a pipeline for your short yet (hardware,software,workflow)?

03 March 2003
If that's not simply digital painting over a photograph it's great.

03 March 2003
Wow... that is incredible work Lunatique!!! You're site is really cool too. I like the step by step you have of the woman on the bed.

03 March 2003
I love the second picture in your "personal favorites" of Sao-Ling (where she's looking away and placing her hands on the wall). Melted all the tension from my body! I love how her hands seem to be forming wings (that's what I see anyway )

Oh, this picture you just posted, Holy shite it rocks.

03 March 2003
This is a sweet image. I love the composition... what expressively grabs me are the hands. They look like they are clenched tightly, like she is desperate in her intentions. A touch of tension in an image of pure beauty...

Very well done.

Cheers

03 March 2003
Excellent job on this pic Lunatique. One thing that I have to mention is that the background has a great amount of detail in it. You would think this would over power the picture yet somehow it doesn't seem take away from the subject at all. It's only after the second time looking this over that I realized how much detail was placed in it. Again very beatuiful.

03 March 2003
nice member list! seems to be a grant that its going to be a nice short, worth watching

tell us something about story and/or chars plssss

good luck for the production!

cheers mcf !

03 March 2003
Respect man, this is off the chart!! Where is that shiny cgtalk award.

Amazing - I can't wait to get me grubby lil hands on the short film either!

I'd love to help in any way i can too!

ACM | SIGGRAPH Student Chapter of The Art Institute of California - San Francisco

Personal Website

03 March 2003
If anyone is interested in volunteering, just post in this thread, and tell us what you enjoy doing, what apps you use, what you're good at, and what your schedule is like for now and the next couple of years.

I don't ask for total dedication where you spend all your freetime helping out. Just as long as you enjoy helping and working with us, and no matter if you get laid off from your current job, get a new job, move to another country, your girlfriend/boyfriend dumps you...etc, it's the friendship and the collective ambition that will keep us moving forward. So, spare whatever freetime you feel like.

The entire team will collectively decide on the screening process of potential team members. We look mostly at skill level and personality(no jerks. We like nice friendly people ).

Last edited by Lunatique : 03 March 2003 at 09:05 AM.

03 March 2003
Sure... looks like just the project I've been looking for. Ok, details:

Lightwave
Max (though I'd rather eat my own leg)
Maya
RAT & PRMAN
Shake
DF4
Softimage|3D
XSI
Painter
Photoshop
Traditional

I've been doing 3d for.. man. 8 years? Jeez... and my areas of concentration is shading, texturing, set design, prop design, producing, audio production, set modelling/dressing, lighting, prop modelling and writing.

Currently I have access to Maya and Lightwave. The rest are too expensive. PS of course.

I can offer up a considerable amount of time to the project, since I currently am freelancing and unemployed.

I know a professional music composer who works in the games industry and I think he has time free as well. Scott Lee, who worked on Summoner and Descent soundtracks.

Cheers,
Ritchie Roberts
ZeroNeuro Arts Ltd.

Plugs: *grin* Skull in a Scream Office WIP (model) Stilled Life Chellenge Entry

Last edited by ZeroNeuro : 03 March 2003 at 09:44 AM.

Thread Closed share thread