Blood & Roses Bar Fight, Eraserx (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2003
great work

www.doleep.com

12 December 2003
Hey, very nice work! Great colors and poses on the characters.

Here's a crit--my eye keeps getting drawn into the middle upper half of the image, just above the painting hanging on the wall and there's very little detail there.
Did you choose where your focal point in the pic was going to be before you made it?

Anyhoo...great work! Keep it up!

David

ooops-I see you just handled the coloring! Well, the coloring's the best bit, so well done! And thanks for the tut too!

I'll get my coat then.

Last edited by davidsloss : 12 December 2003 at 11:46 PM.

12 December 2003
Wow...thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I'm shocked that a coloring job could make it in the same ranks as the rest of this beautiful work. I don't know how "choice" images are chosen, but thanks very much to whoever of you are responsible for it.

*real site coming soon*

12 December 2003
Great image and a great tutorial, Eraserx.
Just one question, could please explain with a little more detail how to changes the lines to color rather than black. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!! )
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

12 December 2003
I just saw the tutorial! It looks great! I'm definately going to give it a try!

12 December 2003
please read edit below

let me first say, wondeful image!! Your drawing skills are first class.. Your coloring detail is extrodanary.. If a crit is welcome I must say that the composition is not working for 2 reasons. The characters in the forground are competing with the characters in the background beacause the you have the same level as line detail perhaps even more in the forground, however you choose to try and drag the viewers eye over to the background by applying loads of color and leaving this foreground area totally monotone. Infact I was questioning if the piece was even finished beacuse of this. Also in the monotone forground you used this same purple in the background which i think is making it appear flat. The monotone purple alone is causing it to be flat a little. also Purple (being the cool color that it is) is suggesting here that these guys are in a dim lit area but the light logic doesn't seem to be suggesting this to me anyway.

Anyway I give hard crits only to work that I love on cgtalk and this is no exception. congrats on an extrodanry piece!

edit: actually after further viewing i noticed that the forground is actually a seperate image. I'm wondering then if you need to find a better solution to seperating them on the border?

Last edited by lestdog : 12 December 2003 at 03:23 PM.

12 December 2003
I do appreciate the critique very much, but some of it does not apply to me. As mentioned in the original post, this was drawn by Mitch Byrd, inked by Bobby Hickey, and colored by me.

*real site coming soon*

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread