Post your Shake tutorials here!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2004   #31
Originally Posted by beaker: Ahh I see it now. The date on your post on VFXTalk don't change when you update a post and the thread said it was last updated Dec 2003 so I scanned right over it.

yeah...its a bit of a make-shift way to do things until we get our tutorials code up and running

Old 07 July 2004   #32
Originally Posted by Aneks: Hi again. Have started writting the motion blur in 2d tut should be don soon. Starting new job in a week and trying to get things sorted. While I'm on the topic is there any tuts that people particularily want to see done? (except for one about 3d cameras in shake, if I get that sorted i'm keeping it to myself )

I may have a few days in the next week !

Speak now or whatever !

>PS: Big Thanks to Tahl for all his efforts!!!

awwww shucks !

you cant go wrong covering the fundamental areas:

tracking / CC / etc etc

from there ...all the users of the tutorials would surely dream up a huge hit list of 'wishful' tutes

Old 09 September 2004   #33
hey tahl,

i finally had a chance to hack at a blue screen using your technique. you can condense your spill supression into one colour-ex node as such:

red______ r>g?r:g
green____ g
blue_____ b<g?b:g

i hope that made sense. you can also get a reasonable key buy subtracting the supressed plate from the original, leaving you with only blue. reorder this into the alpha channel & then you can get to work on it...

hows animal treating you?

Old 09 September 2004   #34
Beaker, I saw someone already asked for this, but, can you make this thread sticky? Probably will help a lot of people!

Sorry if asking for a second time!

Thanks!!

Old 12 December 2004   #35
Talking Rain Collision Needed

Hi everyone.
Has anybody got a tutorial for creating a rain collision?

I have a green screen shot where I am creating a window with a matte/photo of London city outside. It needs to be raining and I want the window to have rain drops rolling down.

Cheers. Darrell

Old 03 March 2005   #36
It feels like I am double posting my tutorials everywhere, hehe. Anyway here it is:

Z composite with IFF in Shake

Last edited by fr3drik : 04 April 2005 at 06:05 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #37
Originally Posted by Fredrik Averpil: It feels like I am double posting my tutorials everywhere, hehe. Anyway here they are:

Z composite with IFF in Shake

Compensating the aliased Z channel in Shake

As I've said before, great tutorials. They were very well executed on a subject I'm not too familiar with!

Old 03 March 2005   #38
Fredrik Averpil, big thanks!

Old 04 April 2005   #39
Cool

Originally Posted by opus13: other way?

i was thinking: get a motion approximation from 2d video, and export that data as a script sefining camera motion in a scene.

since shake is 2.5d (no real z axis) i wouldnt think that it would work the other way around. what could it do with virtual camera data? it cant move around in 3d space.

Uh shake does not do that it does work the other way around. PFtrack and Boujou are the apps you really need to do what you are thinking. PFtrack exports a corner pin node that you past into shake. I have only used pftrack. I understand the new boujou exports a shake node now as well.

Old 05 May 2005   #40
Unhappy

Originally Posted by opus13: . . . http://www.cmistudios.com/training.htm

------------------------------------------------------------

sapphire sparks edge ray effect

http://www.cmistudios.com/lessons/edgerayTut/index.htm

------------------------------------------------------------

scanline effect

http://www.cmistudios.com/lessons/scanlineTut/index.htm

------------------------------------------------------------ . . .

All of these links are dead

Old 05 May 2005   #41
Cool More Tutorials and General Info...

Hey guys,

Check out my site for a few tutorials on customizing, redering, ect. It also has some bits on NUKE gizmos and camera convershion from houdini. Let me know what you think.

www.r3fx.com

thanks,

r3

Old 06 June 2005   #42
Hey All,

Have just updated my site with a bunch of new tutorials for shake ad some new ones for other apps too !

www.tahlniran.com

Hope you find them useful

T.

Old 06 June 2005   #43
Aneks, thanks for the valuable tuts. Keep making cool updates

P.S. If you write one day your techniques of generating different passes with Maya's MR SA - that would be great

Old 06 June 2005   #44
thanks for your kind words

what would you like to see ?

for example a tut on setting up a scene in maya to be comped in another app ! realistic itegration of fotage or more about using various mental ray features ie IBL, Ambiet occluision, raymarcher stuff ? I wrote quite a nice one on the lm_2dmv shader and matchig live footage that my ex eployer won't let me show :(

But I do have another which wrote for internal use that I want to publish, about the workflow I built for this graphics package, but I will have to check with the company to see if I'm allowed to :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tick_tick_tick.jpg (53.4 KB, 173 views)

Old 06 June 2005   #45
Well, what concerns different features of MR - there're tuts on the web and dvds. Though, using them properly for 3d integration into live footage - sounds great. I think that would be a pretty unique tut.

Yeah, in the last post I meant the tut on actual render setup in Maya, to get all those controllable passes you show in multiPass and ambOccl tuts.

I myself struggling with passes output with MR lately, but natively MR can't do such variation of passes during one render. There're some custom shaders discussed in Maya Rendering section here, but all of them have some disadvantages in one or another way. So I'm very interested in how do you solve rendering in passes - some tricks/techniques, custom shaders or just different scene setups for speciefic pass rendering?

Last edited by Demark : 06 June 2005 at 01:53 PM.

reply share thread