CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XIV - ALIENWARE Challenge (Archive)
Login register
  share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 01-22-2004, 11:45 PM   #46
ZazMan
Veteran
Derek Orchard
Rancher/Artist (2D&3D)
ORG
somewhere in california, USA

Send a message via AIM to ZazMan Send a message via Yahoo to ZazMan
Well I happy to be apart of something that was that was so big and grand, seeing all the work that everyone was making for the contest, see how each person understand took them to where it did. great bring with so many talented people!!

ZazMan

Old 01-23-2004, 01:55 AM   #47
miguelf
Frequenter

portfolio
Miguel Fonseca
3D Generalist
Platige Image
Warsaw, Poland

Send a message via MSN to miguelf
Great Challenge

I must say that was the most creative and outstanding challenge of ever ... thanks for the all CGNetwork crew for this great event.

One of the best think of this challenge was the truly espirit of all artists envolved, great skills and anwsome pieces of art ... i must say that i'm impressed with all works ... and most important of all was the espirit of community ... we reach the end of this challenge with lots of efforts, but that wasn't possible without the words, crits and help of all friends that i made in this challenge.

thank u for all .... and good luck

i'm waitting for more challenge ... i'm complety addicted ...

Old 01-23-2004, 02:31 PM   #48
Alienw Albert
Workstation Marketing

Due to the success of this contest Alienware is seriously considering more contests in the future.
I am sure our competitors will also engage in contests of different types and styles, its all in good spirit, for it brings higher and higher participation and quality from you the artists.
I look forward to a very active 2004 for CGNetworks.

Alberto Arias

Old 01-23-2004, 02:40 PM   #49
smok3
Veteran

Slovenia

1st tnx to everyone who organized this competition, was a great fun and learning experience as well (for example on how to work with that super-high-res files), one think i figured out is a need for me to figure out what app to use for the at least 16bpc compositions? anyway iam not even remotely happy with my final image, simply run out of time...

Old 01-23-2004, 03:02 PM   #50
TheFirstAngel
moonstruck

portfolio
Sacha Angel Diener
concept artist/illustrator
Character Development & Digital Painter, FantasyFlight Games
Switzerland

Send a message via MSN to TheFirstAngel

Talking

After all... It really was an intense and great time, and a pleasure and honor to be with such great company, found many now friends, learned so much and wanted CG-Networks very much for offering us this chance.
This was my first challenge ever, and I really appreciate how it was.
I appreciate the fairness and friendship that are the spirit into this and this is what I wanna thanks you all for!!!!
Best luck for you all and thanks for all you done,
Keep on rockin'!!!!!

Old 01-23-2004, 04:05 PM   #51
BClaw
Khudozhnik svegda gatov

Burt Clawson
Computer Programmer
USA

Talking Cool contest!

Wow! THis was fun! I'm just echoing a lot of comments already made, but I wanna say 'em. Although I feel very intimidated about the worthiness of my own entry, I can honestly say it's my best work to date, and I have learned *so* much! I've made a lot of cool new friends, and I look forward to the next challenge!

Thanks to everyone, especially Alienware, and CGTalk for making this possible! Bravo!

Old 01-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #52
MirageGraphics
arch-viz guy
portfolio
Matt Donlan
Art Director, arch viz, matte painting
self employed
Virginia Beach, USA

Ditto

Thanks for pushing me to a new level of understanding...and pain

I've already used this image as a portfolio piece to try and get some new work! Couldn't have done it without you. I have an idea for the next competition: Let the entrants submit scenarios and then vote for the best one after a week or so and go with that one......A thought that occurred to me as I was coming up with 3 or 4 more ideas that came to mind during this competition.
Thank again to everyone involved - this is the best community on the web!
MirageGraphics

Old 01-24-2004, 03:23 AM   #53
Prazbotta
Veteran

Jayson Przybyla
USA

and then...

Quote:
Originally posted by MirageGraphics

I have an idea for the next competition: Let the entrants submit scenarios and then vote for the best one after a week or so and go with that one.

MirageGraphics [/B]

I have a bit of a twist to your idea.
There doesn't have to be $6,000 dollar prizes or anything (although it is great motivation) but we could go with a challenge that starts off with a vote and the winner decides the "theme" of the next one, and so on and so on.

Just an idea I picked up from another CG forum I look at.
It works rather well I think.

Any other thoughts to elaborate on this?

- Jack Handey

Old 01-24-2004, 04:55 AM   #54
crazybread
mis pluszowy spiewa waam!

portfolio
Marcin J. Nikiforuk
concept/production designer, 3d artist, matte painter, photographer
Soho VFX
Toronto, Canada

What a great contest. Had Soooo much fun it ain't funny. My wife hates me now cause there were times I hadn't payed any attention to her. I think she was putting on a little show and that she isn't really that mad at me for staying up late with the computer. Anyways a great Thanx goes out to CGTalk and Alienware for putting on a contest of this size. I have never entered any contest before and am not sure that I'll ever do (sause you know it gets me in trouble for spending too much time at it.) Oh ohh! I'm rambling again. Sorry! Definetly if there is another one in the future, I'll sneak something in for sure. Thanks to everyone for great comments, support, analysis of work, ideas comparressons (OMG there it goes again , I'm rambling again)

Peace & Love!

My 3D Space Opera

Old 01-27-2004, 02:15 AM   #55
Zappa
Frequenter
Ravi Jose
3D Modeller
Seattle, USA

Hey!Alienw Albert,
(really like your first name )
was a great contest and enjoyed every minute of it....Hope to see more such contests from you guys.
Thanks again for a great contest....jus feel sad its over
maybe ill start on my expose entry
Cheers
Zappa

Old 01-27-2004, 05:12 AM   #56
swadepgh
Tralfamadorian

portfolio
Sara Wade
Animator
Fort Collins, USA

This was a very fun challenge to participate in. Thank you to all the people who made it possible and all the artists who raised the bar. Good luck to you all!

A special thanks to all those who commented on my image. You guys are awesome!

I suppose now I should work on a new project.

Old 01-27-2004, 06:19 AM   #57
TheFirstAngel
moonstruck

portfolio
Sacha Angel Diener
concept artist/illustrator
Character Development & Digital Painter, FantasyFlight Games
Switzerland

Send a message via MSN to TheFirstAngel

Thanks to all here who made this possible. This was a great expirience and a lot of learning for me as well as meet great artists. I am very thankfull for that.

Old 01-27-2004, 08:04 AM   #58
mufizal
Noob

portfolio
Mufizal Mokhtar
dreamer
Malaysia

Sad Story

First of. i must say that the final images are really breath taking an really really good.. congratulations to all that made it..

But I must express my deep dissapointment that my image didnt make it into the finals.. im must have been disqualified or it was not good enough or something :( althought i was not told why .. i could guess that probably i didnt have alll the milestones in . i jumped alot of steps to rush to get it done for the final image but failed to put markers and milestones along the way.. well it WAS done in a week..

But none the less it was an iteresting challenge and i am looking forward to the next challenge.. and this time i will start ealry..

Good luck to all of you

Old 01-27-2004, 09:28 PM   #59
Digital Backlot
2,360,521 more set to go

Make games, Make Rides, Make Movies, Make TV shows

I shoulda entered.... Well sheesh lets do this again! The outcome seemed really well put together and the entries are all great!

Good luck to all!

Old 01-29-2004, 09:20 AM   #60
tungaunga
Frequenter

Torax
Cuba

hey I just want to say that this contest was a brilliant idea. I was was a little bit uninspired about my artworks and this contest just opened my eyes and put me to think in some ideas for my work.

this is my first international and online contest... I think is not going to be the last one.

thank cgnetworks, alienware and all of you

share thread