ALIENWARE: The artists

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
it was a fantastic challenge but to big for my taste so i lost the interest looking through all entries - i saw 10% and thats a shame - sorry

01 January 2004
Im honored to be part of something so great! This was my second challenge, but the first time I managed to finish something.

This has been great fun and support from the other challengers has been incredible! Will definitely join the next one too!

Thanks for CGNetworks and Alienware for making this possible!

01 January 2004
Ahmen Brother

I want to second the comments made by Pyke, I really enjoyed the input and critiques provided by other members on the site, you have a real sense of commaraderie here. I personally heard about the contest with a little more than a week in the competition, so I went like gang busters, had a couple sick days (cough cough) and completed what I could to finish the contest. In the short time I was participating, I recieved many an encouraging words.

I haven't really participated on this forum before, I am admin at a small CG site/forum and outside of it and work I have never been lucky enough to join in all the fun you people have here! It was a pleasure to participate in a contest with so many talented and enthusiastic artist. Thanks CGTalk and Alienware for creating such an inspiring environment for me to enjoy and participate in

Congratulations everyone, there are some amazing pieces of art, and even those of us who don't win, should feel proud at our accomplishments.

01 January 2004
i say gotta say a thanks and a super-kudo to cgnetwork for the opporunities for all us budding cg artist out there.
i dont think i will ever forget this whole process .i learned alot
here from doing this contest

... and i forsee more new worlds to come!!!woo hooo !

And i Hope some of the unfinished stuff gets polished up
fine tune/tune fine- i know i will.

cgnet rok!
alienware rok!
nothing.....nothing compares tooooo youuuuuuuuu!
okay maybe sax
my contest link here to see
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116496

01 January 2004
I was a lurker,but really must say that there was a great amount of work,as well as being of high quality.Nice support as well,lots to be learned as well as have alot of fun.Cont me in next time,now when is next time,any tips to topic,come on just a tip.

01 January 2004
I'd just like to echo the comments made - this was the first time I've entered a CGNetworks contest, and it has been a totally pleasurable experience watching entries develop, and the community helping each other out.

Thanks to Alienware and CGTalk/Networks guys and gals for making it happen.

Cheers,

Steve

01 January 2004
Yeah was a great challenge!

When I start the concept sketch I think that wil be not possible to me creat such a great graphics, I have learned so much in this contest even how make so complete WIP's like all from my really talented friends here in this contest.

Thank you very much for this opportunity of learning and fun!

01 January 2004
a bit sad that I couldn't manage to complete the challenge this time, but anyway, so glad, and congrat to whom who finished this time, there are a lot of great and awesome "alienated location" !!!! Good luck to everyone!!! and hope that there are more challenges to come!!!!

01 January 2004
I would like to thank Alienware for giving us the opportunity to show our possibilities in such great Idea, this challenge was awsome and all the artists here were more than brilliant, the chance is great thanx to all who played a part in making this contest wonderful..

01 January 2004
I also want to thank Alienware and CGnetworks for allowing us to preview our poor skills, Actually we came here to increase our possibilities in the field of 3D and 2D as well regardless of making great friendships with other cg artists around the world...

[my M&S thread] [my alienware entry] [my Machineflesh entry ] [dahoom family (__)]

01 January 2004
Throughout the challenge there was a healthy level of competition while never losing the spirit of comradery that this great community has. I for one am highly impressed with the level of art that has been achieved, all the way up from the grass roots of our first concept sketches to some truly amazing finished pieces. It's great to see what a professionally run and well collaborated event can be. I look forward to another mergence of ALIENWARE CG Networks and the artists of it's community to showcase what can be achieved when the industry bands together.

01 January 2004
Waiting for 3DBOXX challenge........

....still waiting....

zzz......zz...z...

01 January 2004
This was a geat contest... I have to say, what drew me in was the subject. Really cool idea... and there were so many great peices to come out of it! Thanks for putting this contest out there for us! Being a beginner 3d artist, I must say, this was a great challenge... but not only that, it gave me a direction to work with. Really cool stuff out there folks. Definitely check out the finals, they are great!

Thanks! and keep it coming! I'm already waiting for the next one... (with a bit of a rest from this one of course )

toodles!

01 January 2004
Nice entries as a whole. The quality of the entires as a whole is way up there.

Nice stuff, everyone envolved.

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

01 January 2004
Well... it was an awsome time. It was my first "real" contest ever as well. I learned alot about my 3d program and hope to get new software to put out better work.

I hope that in the future there are challenges with software prizes. I could really use them.

Congrats to all who entered and I can't wait to see the voting outcome.

Praz

- Jack Handey

share thread