ALIENWARE: The artists

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
This was by far the greatest challange. Highly educational and it definatelly improved my skills in knowledge of renderman. This is also my first challange, so now I wont miss another one for sure.

01 January 2004
Next time, i'll finish it on time!!!

I'm so sad i didn't manage to finish it on time!!! For my first paticipation on a challenge like that i feel like crap... Only few sketches in three month!!!

Anyway... I promiss that i'll go through the end of it, even if it takes me a life time to finish it!!!

And next one i'll complete the whole thing in time... About that... When is the next one? And what's gonna be the subject??? Can't wait!!!

Good luck to all of you who manage to finish all the steps in time... I've been following all of you guys and there're some really amazing wip indeed, and absolutly nice final images... double I already got my favourites!!! Again good luck guys!!! See you for next one...

Love

My WebSite

My Daily Sketch

01 January 2004
I agree with everyone. This has been the greatest turnout I have ever seen in any community, and I dont mean just on the WWW. So much work went into this, from everyone, the Alienware Corp., CgTalk, and of course, all the great artists. And just as this contest was ending, Cgtalk was awarded 1 million posts. What a great last few weeks.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me out, my girlfriend, my parents, my fellow cgtalkers, and of course the mods and the fine people at Alienware who came up with such an incredible event. Thank you to everyone, and best of luck.

Bartosz

01 January 2004
It's been a lot of fun, I've learnt heaps and made some new friends in the process. I think CG Challenge stands out as being a much better competition that others, becuase you can watch the works evolve and get feedback as you go. Many thanks to CG Network, and Alienware for making it possible.

01 January 2004
Cool

I didn't enter the contest, but I would like to congratulate all those who have entered. I have seen some truly amazing work here! Good luck to all of you!!!!

01 January 2004
this is also my first challenge (or any online contest) ever. it was a very interesting experience, and I think that the interaction with this community helped me to achieve a better and more finished artwork.
I say thanks to CGNetworks and ALIENWARE for this opportunity.

Last edited by tungaunga : 01 January 2004 at 03:37 AM.

01 January 2004
This was a fantastic challenge. I'm only 17 and and I knew I didn't stand a chance but I had nothing to do during my vacations so I just participated! This challenge gave me a lot of experience and hours of fun! Thanks to Alienware and cgnetworks!

01 January 2004
woohoo.... bring on the next one.
joke.
yeah... this has been heaps of fun. I will definatly become a regular to these challenges - yes... even the ones with no prize.
thang-q all.... I had an awesome time.

01 January 2004
My first FINISHED work

I think I feel like everyone else. Although I drained my creative energy for a while, had problemes with my 3D software crashing because it couldn't handle my memory demands, I finished the competition. I could probably improve it a little but what I am so glad is that its the first finished project I ever did. I`m just a hobbyist 3D artist and let me tell you it was alot of fun.

Patrick Miron

I can't wait to vote!!!

01 January 2004
A great challenge

What an amazing experience! My Thanks go out to Alienware, CGTalk, the Artists, and everyone else that was involved in one way or another to bring about this challenge.

It was a honor and pleasure to post with everyone.

I'll see you all the next time around...

...and thanks again!

-ck

01 January 2004
Great Stuff!

This was my first challenge as well and I really enjoyed it! I had a great time watching the daily progress of some very tallented artists.
Ive wanted to enter one of these challenges for a while now, but most seemed to last only one month. The 3 month length of this challenge was just perfect even for someone working more than a fulltime job...like me. I think it set everyone on a very level playing field.
Many thanks to all the sponsors as well as CGTalk for making this possible. I cant wait for the next one!

01 January 2004
This was also my very first challenge, and my very first finished work! I'm definitely waiting impatiently for the next challenge, doing speedmodeling, learning RSL in the meantime! Great idea for a challenge, I had lots of fun!

muyyatin

01 January 2004
Wow!

WOW!

What a roller coaster ride its been!!!

This has been a truely AMAZING contest, with some outstanding work submitted!
I am amazed at the level of commitment and dedication, not only from the artists about there own art, but also from helping other artists (in effect 'the enemy) in getting there images up to scratch! To see the 'veteran' artists helping ppl who have just become involved in 3D art is amazing-and it would never happen anywhere else but at CGTALK.

Thanks CGTALK and ALIENWARE! I hope that this will not be the last collaboration between you guys!

_Chris-

01 January 2004
it was an honour competing ... weldone...

01 January 2004
Awesome challenge !

A BIG thanks to CGTALK and ALIENWARE for making this oen posssible !

keep them comming

share thread