ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: Jesse Barnes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2004   #16
Texturing: organic texture 2

same as the last except for the map and tiling. the cropped small shot in each of these is the flat texture map.

Old 01 January 2004   #17
Texturing: organic texture 3

same as the previous except for the map itself. this one was used as the ground texture. these are all 'hand painted' in photoshop. now thank max for the slimyness.

Last edited by chach : 01 January 2004 at 07:36 AM.

Old 01 January 2004   #18
Lighting: basic lighting

just white lights and white in the diffuse of every material. defining the primary lighting.

Old 01 January 2004   #19
Lighting: secondary lighting

defining the secondary lighting (in the pods, the backlight, adjusting the colors.)

Last edited by chach : 01 January 2004 at 07:36 AM.

Old 01 January 2004   #20
Rendering: an alien landscape is born

not bad. could be better, but not bad. i see slime, and it is goood.

Old 01 January 2004   #21
Post Effects and Compositing: the band-aid

why's photoshop got a 'band-aid' tool, anyway? i mean, it is the band-aid, right?
here we've added my own mix-up of blurring, noise, contrast, and saturation in photoshop. this isn't applied directly to the image, but rather applied to semi-transparent layers on top of the original. adjustment layers really do give you more control than those straight-up filter combos.

Old 01 January 2004   #22
Final Render: after the filters

its amazing what a couple filters can do to your renders, particularly in this world of HDRI lighting freaks.

Last edited by chach : 01 January 2004 at 05:31 PM.

Old 01 January 2004   #23
Why does Photoshop have a "band aid" tool? Because the "healing tool" (as they call it) is a LOT faster and more flexible than cloning for getting rid of scratches without ending up with a light blur over the whole damned photograph. :-)

Seriously, though, when I came across your thread and saw you were doing a lot of experimenting with filters, I popped one of the jpegs into Combustion to see how the output looked after running it through the Trapcode filters, which are about the best around for combining lighting fx with color adjustment. The "mars" filter seemed to work best, so you might want to play with the levels of red in your image -- bumping 'em up just a bit really helps the feel of the scene, IMHO.

Old 01 January 2004   #24
Thanks for the suggestion Toxi!
...but I've procrastinated and I've really got to get some sleep now!

...as you can see from my attempt @ humor w/ the band-aind comment!

Last edited by chach : 01 January 2004 at 07:40 AM.

Old 01 January 2006   #25
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread