ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: ralph andres

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2004   #1
ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: ralph andres

ralph andres has entered the ALIENWARE Challenge.

Old 01 January 2004   #2
Concept Sketch: THIS IS WEIRD

I know that this entry of mine is very late but what the heck, might as well give it a try. i have visited this site quite a few times already and i really wanted to enter the contest but the problem is my mind hasn't been doin well these past few weeks. i tried coming up with an innovative idea but to no avail. at last i let my subconscious mind do the work for me. so here's the first pic of something weird that i myself don't even know what it is!

Old 01 January 2004   #3
Concept Sketch: THIS IS WEIRD

played a bit with the background

Old 01 January 2004   #4
Modeling: this is weird

onto modelling the foreground...must hurry,hurry,hurry!!!!

Old 01 January 2004   #5
Texturing: THIS IS WEIRD

PLAYED WITH PROCEDURALS TO ACHEIVE A LOOK THAT'S SOMEWHAT PURE COSMIC ENERGY. I THINK I STILL NEED TO FOOL AROUND WITH THE PROCEDURALS TO GET WHAT I WANT. OH THE PRESSURE IS TOO MUCH!!!

Old 01 January 2004   #6
Hello

Great concept, but add more color variation.

Keep it up and rock on!

Old 01 January 2004   #7
Lighting: THIS IS WEIRD

I did some study on the lighting effects using mostly videopost in max. I'm not satisfied though, maybe i'll change the camera angle and play a little bit more with the effects.

Old 01 January 2004   #8
Rendering: THIS IS WEIRD

Here's a diff. view of my entry. think i'll stick to this one. Have dimmed the lighting and videopost effects a lil bit. I have to admit, there's plenty of great entries in this contest. Really great final pics from the other contestants! Hope i can finish this till tomorrow...

Old 01 January 2004   #9
Post Effects and Compositing: THIS IS WEIRD

Played around with compositing the background in photoshop

Old 01 January 2004   #10
Post Effects and Compositing: THIS IS WEIRD

Played around with compositing the background in photoshop

Old 01 January 2004   #11
thanks for your comment high. i just saw it today, actually i just didn't had enough time to browse my thread till now. never thought that anybody would have time to comment on my wip because it's late and everyone else is busy trying to meet the deadline.

i don't even know if you have an entry. anyway, like you said, "keep it up and rock on"...

my entry is late but better late than never!

goodluck to all of us!!!

Old 01 January 2004   #12
Final Image: THIS IS WEIRD

"I remember sleeping early last night...when i woke up, my eyes couldn't believe what lies in front of me. So much light! It's almost making me blind. As my vision started to adapt to the spectrum that has illuminated my retina, i can see a terrain like surrounding of forms that seems to have no basic shape, no permanent position. I don't think that gravity has any effect on them. Everything is transparently glowing but you can see a bit of plasma-like colors that moves around each object. Some electron-like group of lights are spontaneously being tossed around by the energy that most likely, is emanating from the bigger objects that protrudes from what seems to be the ground. There seems to be no sky coz I can directly see space above. Can't help myself but be breathlessly shocked in awe of this grand orchestrated play of lights, colors and energy. Funny thing is... all i can speak out was...THIS IS WEIRD!!!"

At last i finished my entry, though i can't say that this is enough, i don't have the luxury of time for tweaking more to achieve what my mind has concucted. Anyway, i had a good time trying to catch up with all the other contestants. Goodluck to all!

Old 01 January 2006   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread