Alienware Challenge - UPLOAD FINAL ENTRIES (DEADLINE 20 JAN)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2004
Basically, click "Final Image", log in (as normal), and it will tell you if you've already uploaded an image, the filesize of the TIF, and will display a *resized* (800x800 max) copy of the image.

01 January 2004
sorry that was meant to be a quote.

01 January 2004
I need to learn to READ threads before posting. I see where the Admin states it will be 800x800... sorry for the last post.

And thanks kjc!!

- Jack Handey

01 January 2004
Anyone working a mac and stuck with ftp in OSX, use a ftp app like fetch or the likes, fetch works on a trail basis, and will let you upload the final zip file for free...

just a tip

01 January 2004
You can FTP using Internet Explorer on a Win Machine. I imagine it should work on a Mac too. If so... just do that.

If anyone needs help with it, I can post instructions. It is really simple.

Praz

- Jack Handey

01 January 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Prazbotta
You can FTP using Internet Explorer on a Win Machine. I imagine it should work on a Mac too. If so... just do that.

If anyone needs help with it, I can post instructions. It is really simple.

Praz

Tried that for ages before using a third party app, how do you do it?

01 January 2004
why?

why are people uploading jpegs & .tiffs I thought the instructions said to put an uncompressed tif with no alpha into a zip file clearly labeled with the name from your final submission entry.

chrish

View My Alien World

01 January 2004
Re: why?

[hey...!!!,
I m out!!!,
had no time to upload the final image!, ... now, can I upload this image to gallery?, where?

01 January 2004
jayreef: Here is what you do.

In the address bar, type the FTP site, in this case type ftp://ftp.cgnetworks.com and hit enter/return on the keyboard.

You will get a username and password box. In this case use...
FTP Username: challenge3
FTP Password: alienware

Click login. It takes a while for the screen to open cause there is more than 3 GIG on that server. Then all you have to do is MAKE SURE the file names are right, and you can drag and drop them. Sure it is going to take about the same time to upload. but you don't need an FTP client to do it.

I am going to look into Netscape as well today at work to see if it works with that. At any rate, you should have no problems with that.

ANY other questions... just ask. I'll be watching this forum very closley today.

Praz

- Jack Handey

01 January 2004
Praz.....

As we are trying this for people:

mac results... safari. does not work

int explorer.. opens window as described, but can not test file transfer as my final was uploaded a couple of days ago, and dont want to be responsible for screwing things up, But had the same effect last night whilst trying to upload image for Expose 2 submission, and the drag and drop technic did not work, so i ended up using the ftp app "Transmit"

hope all this helps someone

01 January 2004
I looked into it a bit and Transmit seems to be one of the first results on alot of searches for FTP with OSX. I will look for some more and post them if possible.

Any other questions anyone has about this... feel free to ask.

Praz

- Jack Handey

01 January 2004
I had do all that, now, how I know if final image is on challenge?, it doesnt apears in the ultimate upload images!

01 January 2004
ftp mac app

I use fetch on apple systems

chrish

01 January 2004
HELP!!!

I uploaded my image yesterday (20-1-2004) at 16:00 GMT. It seemed allright and showed up in my "upload final image" page.
I went to work and came home at around midnight. Thought I'd check once more to be sure and SH*T it wasn't there, just the top pixel line. So 1 hour to go, I started uploading again...
Finally it worked. I could go to sleep feeling relaxed.
Now I'm just checking in browsing through the pages, and tried looking at my image again...
I's gave me an error message that it wasn't there anymore, or corrupt!!!!
What to do now

HELP HELP HELP, before I start uploading again.

01 January 2004
error message

Here's the error message I got:

Warning: opendir(/home/httpd/vhosts/cgnetworks.com/httpdocs/../web_users/challenge3): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/httpd/vhosts/cgnetworks.com/httpdocs/alienware/final_image.php on line 298

You have not yet submitted a final image for judging!

But I did !! Three times allready.
I also found it strange that when I entered the FTP account, I could just change-copy and even delete the files if I wanted to.

How's that for taking out the competition?

share thread