ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: David Lavoie

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
Yeah exactly

the one you rendered scene v2.1, with the one you changed a bit contrast on the link you showed me was so great also but the v2.1 have the advantage of being more realistic,
very impressive work just keep going and add some brilliant stuff (original on your own thoughts)...

01 January 2004
pretty cool. i like. i like! seems too many of your floating "fortress" but, i like!

01 January 2004
on second thought. scratch my comment about being it too many. i took a second look and the scene seems to grow on ya.
it's wonderful the way it is. great work

01 January 2004
Loll, thanks a lot!

Everyone, all your comments are really really appreciated! It's really cool to see people encourage others, even in a contest...

You're great !

01 January 2004
Post Effects and Compositing: The Islands World

Hi, today, I started to work on effects: contrast, lens,...

One of the images that I made...

01 January 2004
Do you know what I like more about your staff then the some other best ones?
That it is something, which I didn't expect.
THIS IS INNOVATION.
I want to be surprised and not just overwhelmed with beauty.
Yours has this SPECIAL TOUCH.
Excellent

01 January 2004
the islands are AMAZING!!! keep up the great work!

01 January 2004
WWWow!!

keep it comin ma' boy. i'm startn 2 b a fan of your wonderful work

01 January 2004
Lighting: all the scene in Wire Frame

Oups, sorry I forgot to send a lightning image... So I decided to send a wireframe printscreen to show you where I put the lights and to have a view on the whole scene... There are a small light to the right (multiplicater: 0.4). but the main lights are on the left.

01 January 2004
Thumbs down

Hi Weider! Super WIP !! Definitely one of the best! Everything indeed look x-tremely great but if you'd dilute islands and mountains with at least one another object - it would be just superb! Looking at your fantasatic composition I imagined bridgelike structure - extremely detailed! Detailed bridgelike (or whateverlike) structure would show scale of islands and accentuate them. Anyway! Your WIP Is an outstanding one !!! You have my Vote man!

01 January 2004
Hi, thanks again for the comments!

Right now, i'm in break to refresh my imagination, maybe i'll have some news ideas... One last week before the end

01 January 2004
Final Image: The Islands' World

Hi!

Like some people says, all good things must end a day... So this is my final image..

I would like to thanks cgtalk and Alienware: It was a awesome contest. Personnaly, I learnt a lot of new things on modeling, texturing, ... So I'm really glad to have entered to this contest...

And with more than 600 active wips, I think this contest will enter to the history!

Thanks! and good luck to everyone!!!

David Lavoie

01 January 2004
Hi David! lemme congratulate you, friend! You achived really great results! You're right we all learned a lot participating in this contest and met new extremely creative people. David - you're definitely one of them! Good luck in the contest friend!

01 January 2004
Hi

Excellent work.
Thank you for your nice words at the end.
you should be proud of yourself.
Best luck

01 January 2004
nice job! love the little roots underneath the floating islands there. nice diversity in lighting contrast. good luck and congrats.

share thread