Post custom brushes here!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2007
r@t's liquify brush!

heres a variant i made to try and mimic photoshops liquify filter ( as nothing that comes with painter comes even close)

its a little slow but i think it gives decent results- well see for your self.

download here

unzip and put in your application data folder e.g.

C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Application Data\corel\Painter IX\Brushes\"brush folder you want it in"

Last edited by rattsang : 01 January 2007 at 09:23 AM.

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by elektra: Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Painter. I have version XI.5. Is there a way to get my favorite brushes from Photoshop into Painter? Barring that, is there a good tutorial on how to create brushes in Painter?

I'm looking forward to exploring the dynamics of this application!

For a start, the Painter help has a section called Brush Creator that will get you started.

Hot Rodding Your Brushes in Corel Painter:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...ght=Hot-rodding

John Derry's various tutorials and some brushes:

http://homepage.mac.com/pixlart/main.htm (then click on 'Resources')

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by rattsang: heres a variant i made to try and mimic photoshops liquify filter ( as nothing that comes with painter comes even close)

its a little slow but i think it gives decent results- well see for your self.

download here

unzip and put in your application data folder e.g.

C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Application Data\corel\Painter IX\Brushes\"brush folder you want it in"

Hi rattsang,

Thanks for sharing your Liquify variant.

There's a little problem with the download that needs to be fixed for the brush library to load into Painter and work.

Here's what I see when the ZIP file is extracted:

brush (this is the brush library folder)
...brush variant folder (actually this is the brush category folder)
......c_Liquify.xml (cached variant file)
......Liquify.nib (brush nib image file)
......Liquify.stk (stroke image file)
......Liquify.xml (brush variant file)

There should be, inside the brush library folder, the following two items:

brush
...brush category folder
...brush category folder.jpg (30 x 30 pixel brush category JPG icon image file)

I renamed the brush library folder and brush category folder, then created a 30 x 30 pixel JPG brush category icon image file and added that in the appropriate location:

rattsang_Liquify_Brush
(brush library folder)
...rattsang_Liquify_Brush (brush category folder)
...rattsang_Liquify_Brush.jpg (30 x 30 pixel JPG brush category icon image file)

Then I copied and pasted the rattsang_Liquify_Brush brush library folder into the following location:

Mac - Applications > Corel Painter IX > Brushes

Windows - Program Files > Corel > Corel Painter IX > Brushes

Now that there's a 30 x 30 pixel JPG brush category icon image file in the rattsang_Liquify_Brush brush library folder, and the brush library folder is in the correct location, I'm able to load the brush library into Painter IX.

(I could have pasted the brush library folder into the Painter IX User folder's Brushes folder but I prefer to add new brushes to the Painter IX application/program folder.)

01 January 2007
thanks jinbrown- i should have done it that way..... makes more sense. ive cchanged it now

Last edited by rattsang : 01 January 2007 at 07:10 AM.

01 January 2007
Hi rattsang,

You're welcome!

I downloaded the new Zip and everything looks great when it's extracted.

01 January 2007
Hello Rattsang..

It says "The file is unfortunately no more available!" Has something happened? Would like very much to try your brush...

:: PhotoGraphs are My Canvas ::
http://www.pbase.com/goldcoin

01 January 2007
ok i reposted the file clicck on the same link.

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

Will update them later.

Last edited by zerae : 05 May 2007 at 08:40 PM.

02 February 2007
http://calibur.web.simplesnet.pt/BrushesBIN.zip

Direct download, you may have to "save target as" or copy the address into a new window if you get an error.

03 March 2007
pencil variant

Here's a pencil variant that is supposed to be a 6b
Attached Files
File Type: zip realPencil-2.8.zip (2.6 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by pixel_streamer : 03 March 2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: added the painter icon to the .zip file

05 May 2007
Hey, i wanted to know if I can use Rob's brushes in Painter 10?.
Im way too used to Rob's brushes and its the most important thing keeping me from upgrading to Painter 10.

Ive read somewhere that those brushes aren't compatible with painter 10 is that correct??

05 May 2007
Originally Posted by Glenfx: Hey, i wanted to know if I can use Rob's brushes in Painter 10?.
Im way too used to Rob's brushes and its the most important thing keeping me from upgrading to Painter 10.

Ive read somewhere that those brushes aren't compatible with painter 10 is that correct??

I assume you can. I work with X and i use them frequently with no problems.

07 July 2007
Originally Posted by Glenfx: Hey, i wanted to know if I can use Rob's brushes in Painter 10?.

I tried to use them, and it would not load :(
*cries

Rob's Brushes are my work horses. I had to uninstall the trial of painter 10. Pankaps how did you get it to load into X?

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

07 July 2007
I'm using my brushes in X just fine. Same proceedure as always--I didn't do anything different at all. Just drop the entire "rob's Brushes" folder into the "Painter Painters" folder if you want it to show up with all the other brush categories together. If you want it to show up as a separate library alone, then drop it one directory up in the "Brushes" folder, and then load it as a separate library. I always put it in the Painter Brushes folder so I don't have to switch libraries. In fact, what I usually do is to create a duplicate of the Painter Brushes folder, rename it something else, drop my brushes in there 9along with other people's custom brushes), and then delete all the brushes I would never use that came with Painter. That way, I have a library that is not bloated and only contains what I need. All the original brushes are still there in the original folder if I ever need them.

reply share thread