Wishlist for Painter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

04 April 2008
Unhappy

hi plese help
I want to learn how to blend and reduce the variations of colors. (ie: skin tone, shadows (soft)
I am here in Saudi arabia. I work on Corel painter program. No one can give me the correct technique for this.
the book is not available here in the kingdom and once I buy it from internet, they will have to check it and remove some part of the book that is not allowed for us to see.

05 May 2008
well

this isn't the best topic that you should post to ask help ( please don't take it as rude)

go to effect> tonal control>correct colors or crtl + shift + K
( it works as photoshop curves )

select master to adjust the brightness levels of all picture
select curve is the way to work with

bottom left of the square is the darkest colors / top right is the brightest

when you click and drag a part of the line to up or down it will increase or decrese the amoung of dark or light ( like light exposition in photos).

when you decrease some shadows and lights values you can have a picture with less contrast.

08 August 2008
Not sure if this has been mentioned before (or if it is available in Painter X), but

Quote:
We can type color values, in either RGB or HSV in the Color Info palette. The default display is RGB. To switch from RGB to HSV, go to the Color Info palette menu and choose Display as HSV.

The option to have the Color Info displayed as HSV by default would be great.
I very often pick or change values when working in grayscale by using the V-slider.
This basically means I have to change it from RGB to HSV every time I open Painter IX.5

I never think in RGB terms anyway...

09 September 2008
Wink My work "Purple Recollection"

My work "Purple Recollection"
Originally Posted by PetriJ: When are you planning to release this patch?

09 September 2008
i have now painter x

and i would like to make better some basic things wich make working easyer

first of all

- selection tool (point to point etc...)
- layer channels (add burn etc...) to make more easyl of use bij scrolling with mouse when you click on it (paintshop and photoshop both hase these... photopaint need it to...)

- at layers it would be easyer to flat image with just right mouse clik on it or add new layer
photoshop does not support this but paintshop do much easy working

10 October 2008
Just wondering...
We can only acquire images from an external device using a TWAIN interface under Windows ; it seems quite ridiculous to me. Will Mac Painter users be able to scan directly (and without the need of a Photoshop plugin) from Painter in a future? Why this lack of such a basic feature?

Last edited by Miguimau : 11 November 2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typo

10 October 2008
I was just thinking...

Is it possible to use hotkeys to increase and decrease the value parameter? (I use IX.5)

Would be awesome to just slide my finger on my Intuos 3 to change the value.
This way I wouldn't have to go to the color palette to change my value a tad up or down.

This could even work well in combination with a key on my tablet to switch between Hue, Value and Saturation. I think it could drastically speed up chosing colors/values...

11 November 2008
opacity

I know what you mean with photoshop,I used both. the solution for your 10% and 20 % is one thing that I find work with the colorinfo and set it up HSV and work with the valuation of the color and you have a better control over you color and work not with opasity. I do it al 2 years with that stuf and is nice. sertant when you work with watercolor,digital or oil.

all regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graduation.jpg (5.7 KB, 16 views)

12 December 2008
My big #1 improvement would be true transparency, get rid of that white edge that appears around strokes on default. If they can resolve this, it would open up all sorts of great usability options.

12 December 2008
Thumbs up white edge on brushstroke

I known there is help for that with the transparancy and the with edge
here is a link that is perhaps a sulution
http://www.cellbio.duke.edu/faculty.../Help/help.html

take a look overthere. I known painter and photoshop work fine together.

all regards

12 December 2008
Originally Posted by gavobe: I known there is help for that with the transparancy and the with edge
here is a link that is perhaps a sulution
http://www.cellbio.duke.edu/faculty.../Help/help.html

take a look overthere. I known painter and photoshop work fine together.

all regards

I don't understand how that can help the transparency problem in Painter. Once the white pixels appear, they are just there unless you painstakingly go and erase them, which is impossible and impractical because the white pixels interact with the brushstrokes and if you use a bristle brush you're kinda screwed.

I've been begging Corel to do something about the transparency problem for years now, and I hope one day they figure out how to fix it. I know quite a bit of artists who refrain from using Painter as much as they'd like to and stick to Photoshop instead most of the time because of this problem (me being one of them).

12 December 2008
What's wrong in using Pick Up Underlaying Colors?

12 December 2008
Originally Posted by workbench: What's wrong in using Pick Up Underlaying Colors?

Because if you want to keep that layer purely of the information you need and nothing else, picking up colors underneath will add other crap to the layer. Let's say I've painted the hair of a character on just a layer by itself so I can tweak its color or contrast later--if I've got other crap mixed in with the edges of all the hair strands, I would not be able to tweak anything to my heart's content.

12 December 2008
Originally Posted by Lunatique: Because if you want to keep that layer purely of the information you need and nothing else, picking up colors underneath will add other crap to the layer. Let's say I've painted the hair of a character on just a layer by itself so I can tweak its color or contrast later--if I've got other crap mixed in with the edges of all the hair strands, I would not be able to tweak anything to my heart's content.

Oh I see, have you used SAI? I just tried to do what you wanted and it worked perfectly, the only problem is that you can't color pick because you would bring colors from the bottom layers and of course the brushes aren't as robust as Painter's but for smooth blendings it's very well possible to do just that.

01 January 2009
a more intuitive layer engine, similar to photoshops, with masks etc.

increased photoshop crossover support (adjustment layers is a biggie for me)

perhaps greater graphics acceleration, much like photoshop cs4s graphics acceleration, just so it uses more of my graphics card and less of my ram xD

painter, atm is epic, the brushes do make up for a lot of painters flaws with the interface, so as long as they keep building on their brush engine, i'm sure i'll be using painter for a long while to come.

reply share thread