Converting from 3D to programming please help!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Converting from 3D to programming please help!

Hello,

I have have degree in animation and trained in 3D modelling and have never touched coding. I was just wanting to know would it be easy for me to retrain in my own time and get a job that way or do i need go university again and feel like iv wasted 3 years of my life?

Also any tips to help get started would be a great help!

Many thanks

Josh

Old 07 July 2013   #2
Hey man,

I think I was in a similar place you were a few years ago. Check out some of the resources in my sig. There are some nice computer science 101 classes that might spark your interest. There's a good one on MIT OCW, and another on Coursera from Stanford.

-AJ

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Thanks alot for the reply, I'll also check out them websites so is progamming the case of if you can do it you can have the job? So you dont need to worry too much about qualifications?

Once again tanks for the help
Josh

Old 07 July 2013   #4
"Programming is hard. Not everyone can do it."

Used to be that managers were filling seats with warm bodies. That does not appear to be the case anymore.

You should have a go at it, see if you like it/can do it. Download Python (we gave the kids pyGame for 2d graphics) or Processing and make some stuff. Or the scripting in some 3d app you already have.

Old 07 July 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread