Maya EntryWay

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2014
Maya EntryWay

I'm working on this mayan scene for my demo reel. I've been working on a mayan 3d video game in unity for a while with a team and wanted to use the assets I made. Here's some of the walls and pillars and door I modeled high res in Zbrush, decimated, and have a low res. I realized the wall was one solid mesh but It wouldn't work when baking ao because you need the shadows of individual bricks so I'm working on the other wall in the picture.

05 May 2014
pics

this is a mayan wall

Last edited by fierce86 : 06 June 2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: adding pics

05 May 2014
Here's another screen capture. I baked out normal textures and applied them on the lower res version. Had some issues with the brown wall though when I imported in zbrush so I have to redo that one.

Last edited by fierce86 : 06 June 2014 at 02:01 AM.

06 June 2014
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=102&t=1003739

06 June 2014

06 June 2014

06 June 2014
So I have high res versions. I decimated them and used that as a base to make low res versions. I'm baking color and normal informtion in maya and trying to texture the rocks. They turned out looking different when I textured them individually so I made them into a group for zbrush texturing. Still need to overlay ambient occlusion and finalize textures.

Not sure if the rocks are modeled well enough or what the quickest way to texture these rocks is. My goal is to be mostly a generalist and work in small studios so I need to do the texturing and lighting of this for my reel. Planning to render in marmoset though.

reply share thread