character design headshots

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
character design headshots

Latest artwork in progress. character design of my own named great white, hes a vampire.
the shot above is 2 seperate poses and just of the head. I like both shots but at the moment the one thats working out the best is the one on the left as the lighting and texture is coming together nicely however the scaring i did on the mouth of the other is also good. as they or still in progress its likely the one on the right will go through a make over but i would like your opinions on how they both look at the moment. the final version will be a full body pose but will take me longer on the body because of the amount of work i will have to do too reconstruct my physique into the physique of my character as hes ment to be 6ft close to 300 pounds of well built vampire were as my physique is of a jelly belly man boobed english man ^_^.

I will post other shots here as progress goes along but i would like your feed back as i go on.

please bare in mind that this is all done in photoshop useing my own custom textures and my own photos of my self, theres no 3d programs used to create this as i lack the skill in them to do what i want to do. I would however like this character to be fully relised into a 3d character so if anyone is up for it i would love to work with you to create him.

for more info on this and the textures i have used you can ask here.

thanks.

Old 08 August 2012   #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpsycho2000

please bare in mind that this is all done in photoshop useing my own custom textures and my own photos of my self, theres no 3d programs used to create this as i lack the skill in them to do what i want to do. I would however like this character to be fully relised into a 3d character so if anyone is up for it i would love to work with you to create him.

What exactly is the work you want to accomplish??

Do you want to do 3d or 2d?

Old 08 August 2012   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodai
What exactly is the work you want to accomplish??

Do you want to do 3d or 2d?

The image you see is basicly the 2d photo manipulation of me turned into a vampire character called great white. the original design of him that i have in mind is different and would most likely require a 3d program to create him since i dont have and cant find the right stock of images to create him my self and i lack the drawing skills needed to sketch him out.
The original concept of him is, he is larger in size, well built and looks meener, kind of imagin broc lesner as a vampire with a mouth full of sharp jagged teeth. He has scaring around the mouth and eye and some scaring around the face and bodie. The picture you see on here is as close as i can get it at the moment, i would like it turned into a nice 3d visual of the character but if no one wants to do this then i am happy with mine. The final design of the image can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_psycho2000/ the image is not hosted on my cg gallery, much like my last image they dont showcase it and often write back saying its only suitable for my gallary wich leads me to think its not good enough to be show cased so this post i made would also be questions to you guys to why this image and other images i have made or not cuting the grade with cgsocity.

sorry for gramma and spelling if i made any mistakes.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
If you don't mind that I am fairly new to modelling, I might try doing your vampire - as far as the modelling goes. I have no experience with mudbox, but that could be changed. Or you paint a bump map for your vamp then.
I am also no use in terms of lightning and rendering, though.

You can see most of the things I have done so far here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sundaynights/

and here

http://sundaynights-animation.blogspot.de/

Send a message if you wanna do this!

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread