CGTalk > Software > Compositing Software > Adobe After Effects
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Martin Andersson
Gävle, Sweden
Workflow for 100 stills with the same type of transition

Hey guys!

I have about 100 layers that I am animating of screen like a magazine or something.
I am using CC page curl and have gotten a nice look.
Just finished a test with 3 of them.

As you all know clients change their minds so these layers will probably have to be switched or changed in order and maybe even change the timing of the animation of the paper effect.

How would you guys set this up?

Im thinking of precomping a layer with all effects and timing in it and then duplicating that procomp for every layer.
However then I loose easy access to the animation and since I would like to make the animation a little bit different here and there I need easy access to that...

Any suggestions?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
the great saiyaman
Motion Graphics Artist
To my knowledge their isn't a super easy flexible way to set that up. I would probably get the angle of the page turn and such figured out and then copy and past the effect on all the other layers. If you used an adjustment layer it would just turn all of them at the same time, and I don't think there is a way to set up slider controls either. The only easy solution I can think of would be to set up some kind of expression that maybe takes the layer index and offsets the time of the page turn. But I am not good at expressions at all so I am not going to be any help if you go down that route unfortunately.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Martin Andersson
Gävle, Sweden
Alright man!
Big thanx for trying.
It probably will work with an expression.
However I am also an artist with out to much capabilities in that are so it would probably be to much of a hassle for me anyway.

If anyone has a godd exaple or thought of doing it I am happy to see what it is but for now I will do it by hand. Should take that long anyway

Thanx again!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread