View Full Version : UV projection and G.I problem.

Stenofo
07 July 2011, 11:25 AM
Hello everybody.
I'm tinkering with Global Illumination in XSI 6.02.
My problem is that if I put my scene in a closed container (I.e. a plane for ground and an half sphere) then objects with no uv are rendered correctly, those unwrapped are rendered in matte black. I know i must check the "Wrap in U" and "Wrap in V" boxes, but that does nothing for me.
My scene has a three point lighting with blue/yellow/white spotlights plus a sphere area light for G.I.
If I simply put an half sphere above my lights, keeping open sides so to speack, then everything is rendered. My point is that practically all the tutorials I find use a closed scene, and I want to obtain the kind of render quality they achieve
Any idea about what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

bravmm
08 August 2011, 09:21 AM
first of all, 6.02 is old ;-)

second, I never seen anything like that, and have been rendering scenes like that since XSI 3.5.

What happens if you 'freeze' all models, UV's and such?

rob

Stenofo
08 August 2011, 12:22 PM
Well, Foundation wasn't up to date when I bought it, but cannot afford an upgrade sadly.

Anyway, when I come to rendering I freeze everything including modifiers. Could it be an hardwere issue? I'm asking becouse I didn't find anything about a similar problem, except for a simple solution which does nothing for me..
Rob, thanks for your time.

fadegboye
08 August 2011, 09:02 AM
Does seem a bit strange. Things to check - the sphere visibility options are set to not cast or receive shadows. Can you show a render tree of your set up and maybe an image of your uvs in the texture editor?

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2011, 09:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.