XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : apply geo cache = object does not render

07-22-2011, 03:40 PM

I have a wired problem that occurred after geo caching a poly object. I's a crowd in a stadium and they're moving up and down jumping etc. -it's not a realistic crowd, just poly cards moving to give a bit of texture for the bg.

After animating I cached the anim for better performance in my render files.

However after applying the cache the geometry does not render. I can see it in the viewport and the texture displays but when hitting render I don't even get an alpha for it. I've done the who thing of exporting into a new scene to dump trash etc.

best thing is this: when I assign any other texture to the geo and then undo the action immediately after it seems to remember and renders fine. But when I go ahead and save that scene I get the same problem again when opening it argh...

no errors from the script editor either

anyone out there who has an idea where this might come from?

12-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Were you able to solve your problem ?

I seem to have something similar to that...
I have a character fully skinned and textures including displacement which rendered all fine untill I added geometry cache... Now my mesh renders like a triangles.. no displacement whatsoever.

12-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Have you checked your renderstats on the objects? Maya is known to change those from time to time.
I have noticed it several times when i have imported objects.

Is the objects on the right renderlayer?

01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Check your geometry shapes in attribute editor, underneath visibility if they have checked on intermediate object on. If so tick it off.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.