View Full Version : how to change the text in paticle library?
10-31-2003, 03:57 AM
hi ya guys......i'm sort of newbie in combustion but i found out that this is a very excelent piece of software.... and i want to ask if there is a way for me to change the preset text particle such as partilcle logo--spin shrink..by default it read discreet, but i'd like to change the wording into something else. i know this is a dumb question but i cannot find a way to it. any advices is highly appreciated guys.....
11-03-2003, 02:31 AM
come on guys......please help me...plzzzz:buttrock:
11-03-2003, 09:07 AM
I try visit the forums as often as I can but unfortunately it is not regularly due to my obligiations.
Anyway... Changing particle text....
- Firstly you need to know that particles are based on bitmap shapes. The majority of particles in combustion are based on 128x128 bitmap shapes. You can usually make a tiff or TGA with an alpha channel for transparency. You would either make these shapes in combustion or photoshop.
So if you want to change your text, I suggest you design your text bitmap first and save it for later use.
1. Apply the particle operator to the layer and double click on the operator in the workspace. This will load the particles into the viewport and the controls.
2. In the particle library, choose the text particle you want to use (this will contain the old text)
3. Select an emitter out of the tool bar and apply the particle to the viewport.
4. Create your animation by keyframing the text particle
What you should have at this point is your animation but with the wrong text.
5. In the workspace panel, expand the particle emiiter under the particle operator and you will see the "particle type". It will be called "Text". (this is the shape you need to change). Select the "Text" particle type.
6. In the particle controls you will see a menu button that says "Shape". Click on this button to bring up the shape menu.
7. On the right of the menu you will see the import button. Click on it.
8. In the pop-up menu, select you new shape in the directory you saved it to and click ok. The next pop up window youneed to specify its alpha etc to be displayed correctly.
9. After Clicking OK, you will see your new shape in the preview window in the particles controls.
10. Select the "TEXT" particle type in the workspace.
11. Under the particle preview window in the controls you will see a button that says "SWAP" . Click this button and your particle shape will change to the new one you have loaded.
Hope it works out.
11-03-2003, 09:10 AM
thanks 1000X GrantKay.....i appreciate it...
11-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Here's a free web tut to do exactly what you want.......
HAVE FUN, and Keep Combustin'
12-01-2003, 08:33 AM
wow jack.....thanks a lot...thats very informative...especially the emiter part..my workflow before this was messy...thanks again...
12-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Glad you could use and enjoy the info.
Frederico made that Tut. The thanks really go to him.
If you are looking for MORE free Tuts, Links, etc see these.
There are some new free combustion Tuts over at:
For even more info, See this post:
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.