LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Probably an easy one

10-27-2003, 02:33 PM

i'm not a very good programmer...more of an artist and was wondering if anyone out there had a scrpit that did the following:

save a file adding a number which keeps adding like the plus button in max....for example:

c/my documents/my file_01.mb would become
c/my documents/my file_02.mb etc

which could then be assigned to a button

10-27-2003, 07:45 PM
You donīt need a script to do that. Just go into your "save" options and turn on "Incremental Save". This is really handy.

11-03-2003, 06:23 PM

there used to be "just" a script that someone wrote for that;
we used it a lot and had to alter the original maya-scripts for that so that it was part of the "file"-menue (next to the regular "save"-cmd). tricky! ;)

but it has happened before and it still happens a lot, that alias picks up on good scripts that users pop out, and then they suck it up and incorporate into the next version as if it always had been there.

11-04-2003, 01:39 AM
I have a script that does just that (although it does it based on time) I didn't write it but it shouldn't be to hard to add to a button. If the incremental save doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try to dig it up

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.