View Full Version : Wierd Render Error

04 April 2011, 08:50 PM
Before I started setting up my render layers these frames used to render fine. Now I get random errors on my files and I don't know what it is?
* I've tried importing it to a new scene.
* Deleting the render layers
* Reloading Textures

What should I try next?

04 April 2011, 01:16 AM
What are you rendering in? It appears to be happening on the hilights, if its vray, it might be a tone mapping error, mental ray might be the frame buffer your using.

04 April 2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the response Nick.
I'm using Mental Ray as my rendering output. How do I adjust the frame buffer or better said is there a specific setting you would recommend?

04 April 2011, 06:13 PM
I think I ran into something like that (not that extreme) with mia material and it was also in the highlights
if so, then try adjusting the mai settings or use Blinn

04 April 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm looking at your file and it rendered fine on win 32 using Maya 2011 Advantage pack

what frame and render layer you are looking at ?

04 April 2011, 09:00 PM
They all gave me issues but it was more noticeable when I rendered the "Camera Lens" layer.
Frame number 317 is the one I used for the sample. I guess I'm just going to have to wait till they install 2011 here. I'm still rendering on Maya 2010. :cry:

Thank you for your help though. It's very appreciated.

04 April 2011, 07:30 PM
OK I see it now
The problem is not really a BUG. it's some what an expected behaviour in 2010 when you use 32 bit output and HDRI files.
the fix is simple though,.. you need to use a mia_lense sahder that will contorl that spike in reflection
I used the mia_exposure_simple and dropped the gamma to 1.00 (to match the render)

04 April 2011, 11:51 PM
here it is details

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2011, 11:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.