View Full Version : Dominance War V - 3D - Jojin Kang - Goddess of Pain

SpaceTik
03 March 2011, 03:09 PM
my friend found this on my monitor and asked "what the hell is that"???
i told him i was always fascinated by women's fashion.
lol, i've wanted to do this for a long time but never found the time or had the skills.
i'm just hoping to learn from this experience.
I'll try and finish this.
wish me luck!

kogen
03 March 2011, 03:31 PM
Cool. I like how one can immediately recognize from her clothes that she's kind of a femme fatale :D

SpaceTik
03 March 2011, 01:55 AM
well that's a better start then i could have ever hoped for my man! ;)

SpaceTik
03 March 2011, 04:30 AM
well here's a start, using Martin Krol's excellent tutorial to help me along. At first I thought he dragged on a bit but now finding it a god send that he is so thorough!

SpaceTik
04 April 2011, 03:23 AM
Had a bit of a struggle with the face and mesh from zbrush. Had to export into modo and clean up the base mesh a lot. Kinda slow process, was ok with doing the rat illo but finding it much harder with a human. Anyway, next is to the fun part!

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/2937/screengrab02.jpg

VictorFornes
04 April 2011, 12:10 PM
hey, just drop to say to things about the:
- maybe the nose is a little bigger for a lady ( i know, just following conventions here).
- the fingers i believe must be a little more longer so she can show the curves that you got in the concept.

Nice work, i will keep looking for more.

Peace.

kogen
04 April 2011, 08:10 AM
Ahhhh he's faster than me :D Good work so far. The body is pretty musculous which is what seems pretty good for this type of character. I'd recommend to tweak the face a bit. Since your character shall symbolize deadly sex-appeal I'd change the face more to that style. Which means sinful lips, and almond-shaped eyes, plus I think the face should be slender. At the moment it's more meant to be "Harsh"... almost german. ;)
Found this image and it summarizes it all pretty well.

http://jamaicangroupiemet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/La_femme_fatale1.jpg

SpaceTik
04 April 2011, 02:46 PM
Cheers kogen, that's a really good reference actually! i'll use it thanks!
I'm not big on sketching so I jumped right into modeling. I don't want to make this character too pretty. Not only is it hard to make pretty face in zbrush it's.. well that's it really :)

might make her HUGE also! haha.
might turn her into a dude to make it easier overall.. hmm

SpaceTik
04 April 2011, 02:57 PM
can anyone tell me how to merge 2 layers in zbrush 3.1?
like the eyeballs i've cloned?
cheers

kogen
04 April 2011, 03:07 PM
Are you talking about layers or Subtools? Merging two layers is always a bit tricky in ZB. You could store the data you wanna merge in a Morphtarget, then switch to the other layer and use the Morph-Brush to "re-import" those details.

Merging two subtools in 3.1 hmmmm actually I thought Subtool Master might exist for 3.1 if not you need to create a mesh and merge those subtools either at the highest or at the lowest level.

Speaking of pretty faces... you should give it a try, don't make it too simple by changing her into a guy, try to push yourself :D

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2011, 03:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.