View Full Version : Aspiring Environment Artist Seeking Critique

Scifix
02 February 2011, 11:16 PM
Ok, so I have been an art student for a while and I decided to do a little dabbling in 3D. That was about two years ago and now not only do I love it but I think I am attracted to environment art the most. These are three assignments from my first 3d environment class. I have been doing some texture and lighting studying of my own but for now I would like to stick to the quality of the models and the overall setting.

I did three environments to cover multiple skill sets. Some advice of any kind and critique is welcome. These are work in progress as you may notice.

Scifix
02 February 2011, 11:20 PM
These are the concepts I used as a base.

megalmn2000
02 February 2011, 11:43 PM
There's some part that are too high poly for the rest of the scene. Try to optimize them. There's a lot of useless loops like the roof of the 3th picture.

Scifix
02 February 2011, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I actually decided to remove the high poly panels on the roof and I started trimming the extra geometry. Will probably save that for Zbrush when I get to it, then bring them back as maps, etc.

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2011, 03:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.