LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Photoshop paiting like ''Painter''

10-15-2003, 12:57 AM
is there any tweaks or settings i can change so that a can get ''Painter'' results in Photoshop(more realistic).

10-17-2003, 01:44 AM
There are lots of things you can do. In fact, an illustrator I work with, Justin Gerard, has been able to get better results from Photoshop than painter in some ways.

Look at site.

Under Portfolio click on Justin Gerard. The bottom four pieces on the portfolio were done entirely in Photoshop. With version 7 or 8, your brush adjustments are the key to getting a Painter look. I'll talk to Justin and get some more specifics. You can ask him about it by writing

Tell him I told you to write.

10-17-2003, 02:18 AM
thanks for the info. i thought no one would reply to my post :) .I e-mailed Justin Gerard. hope to get a reply.once again thanks for the infomation.

10-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Are there any way to tell photoshop to trace the mouse/wacom movement before drawing like painter does? (as far as i know the answer is "no")

10-17-2003, 10:57 PM
you can draw a freehand path and stroke that with a brush, but its not like painters approach

11-02-2003, 01:15 AM
SSX/Brannon do you have any additional info you could share since the original message? Nice work by Justin though, great flow to his pieces.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.