Roto Animation Artist - Mid
A Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality character and object roto-animation for feature films. They would be working closely alongside Matchmove Artists and Animators to create animation that matches the movement of the selected character / object on the film backplates and that also moves realistically in 3D space. Successful applicants should have the ability to work well as part of a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
* To roto-animate a variety of characters and / or objects that match the film backplates for various film projects and maintain consistent shot quality
* To work closely with Roto Animation Supervisors / Leads to create convincing performances and motion of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space within the animation package for the addition of CG effects.
* To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks.
* To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers.
* Do their best to stay positive and accept direction changes in an intense production environment.
* To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character / rig.
* To organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team mates.
Experience and Skills required
* Relevant experience in a similar role, preferably within feature films.
* The candidate must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists.
* Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
* Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Roto Animation Leads / Supervisors.
* Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule.
* An understanding of the computer graphics production process and other departments/disciplines needs and requirements.
* Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines.
* Knowledge of 3D animation toolsets (preferably Maya).
* An understanding of animation principles and work methods.
* Good communication skills both technically and creatively.
* Animation/drawing/sculpting skills a plus.
Please Apply online: http://www.moving-picture.com/index.php/recruitment.html