The senior Cloth TD must have a demo reel that demonstrates creation of dynamic cloth simulations and other realistic effects using nCloth/ syflex. Excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, team player, and the ability to take direction are essential. The senior Cloth TD reports to the CG/VFX Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Produce photorealistic simulations with high resolution geometry
* Develop innovative, believable and beautiful solutions to challenging and complex problems
* Sets up rigFX for cloth simulations that is stable and versatile for a characters range of motion.
* Works in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
* Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets on time and at a high level of quality
* Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
* Liaise with the asset department at build phase, to achieve desired results for fur and cloth simulations.
* Writing tutorials to document new techniques
* Work with programming and tools teams to develop tools/ scripts/ plug-ins to streamline the department
* Work to high aesthetic level being able self critique
* The initiative to see anticipate future problems and develop solutions or tools accordingly
* Teach others in the team
* 5 years experience in film or animation production as an TD
* 2 of the above years experience using Maya nCloth/Syflex for a variety of effects (including cloth simulation, gore effects, muscle simulation)
* Mel scripting is a minimum requirement, python scripting preferred
* Artists must be able to take direction and work in a team focused environment, good communication skills are a must
* Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
* FX Animation Experience
* Familiar with pipeline issues
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
* Good understanding of linux / unix based operating systems
* A reel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability
* Strong problem solving skills
* Knowledge of C++ would be a bonus
* Previous rigging experience
Please Apply on Line Below: