View Full Version : intersecting fractures

brainycomp
12 December 2010, 06:33 AM
Im having trouble fracturing my geometry using the voronoi fracture method. everything looks good after fracturing but i get a lot of intersecting. Im using a fracture script i purchased online...

berniebernie
12 December 2010, 12:23 PM
you'll need to tell/show more if you want help

brainycomp
12 December 2010, 03:55 PM
ok, so I have geometry, a chair that has been modeled/shaped/extruded etc. I am trying to fracture it with this fracture plugin i got online that uses the popular voronoi script. after fracturing the geometry, there are some pieces colliding with each other slightly...the edges on a few pieces are intersecting. How do I avoid this? Is there an easy way to remove intersecting pieces after?

thanks

HowardM
12 December 2010, 04:07 PM
sounds like YOUR PLUGIN is at fault, not maya... maybe email the maker of the plugin?

brainycomp
12 December 2010, 04:19 PM
good point, youre probably right Howard. Im still curious if theres a way to get rid of intersecting within Maya. Maybe the "clean-up" feature can do this?

Ive never done the voronoi method manually. im going to search that now and contact the maker of the plugin im using.

thanks

ZeitG
12 December 2010, 11:30 AM
but first, it would not be bad to see the wire of the object that you want to fracture.
can be a problem in it.

brainycomp
12 December 2010, 06:18 AM
seems it was the plugin. looking into some of the other plugins available for shattering.

thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2010, 06:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.