View Full Version : Alien Recon

11 November 2010, 02:40 PM
Hey guys heres a chatacter that I have been working with an aim to improve my hardsurfacemodelling and sculting skills. I am also hoping to improve my metal textureing skills aswell as I have never really been any good at it.

Heres the torso and head that I will be focusing on

I was originally going to use the Zbrush sculpt as a 3d concept but I ended up getting abit too carried away , so now im going to re top this and try to get it as accurate as possible, might even use a 3rd party retop program to get a little bit more accuracy, but ill have to look into that.

Anyway any crits or comments are more than welcome, cheers :)

12 December 2010, 02:02 AM
Heres an update with the in game mesh with the normals and AO map.

I have been experimenting with some colors at the moment. Any suggestions as to color swatches are welcome

12 December 2010, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted on here!

The models close to completion now. Howeve I a have some small issue where a faint wireframe appears in the model :S you can see it on the shoulder piece

12 December 2010, 09:20 PM
to me it looks very good not much to critique actually .... what game engine it will be in?

12 December 2010, 07:06 PM

It's for the UT3 engine.

Heres the fiinshed model.

Hope you like it.

I'm going to update my portfolio on here as it's been far too long

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2010, 07:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.