The Talent Development Artist Program is available for recent graduates of undergraduate or graduate programs (within three years of graduation date) for a 3 or 6 month paid position at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Artist Program offers a chance to understand the depth of your new skills, refine and strengthen key areas, and apply your talents in our real world environment. Under the guidance of a Disney Mentor you will be immersed in our world of art and technology while being trained on production work-flows and tools.
The next session will begin in November! We have immediate opportunities for Technical Directors to join the program. All positions are based in our Burbank, California studios.
As a Technical Director you’ll strategize solutions to a range of production and pipeline issues. You’ll flex your technical skills to write scripts, adapt tools, and modify workflows in support of artistic endeavors. You will work directly with artists and software developers to solve problems and implement new techniques.
· Bachelors degree in Graphics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
· Experience with commercial graphics packages including Maya, Houdini and Renderman
· Experience with scripting including Python and MEL
· Experience with the Linux or Unix operating system
· Solid understanding of the production processes and pipelines of CG Animation, VFX or Video Game productions
· Solid overview of element production and shot production phases including modeling, rigging, animation, layout, look development and lighting/rendering
· Strong problem solving skills required
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction well
· Experience with C or C++ development or shader writing (RSL) a plus
· Understanding of stereoscopic concepts and production processes a plus
To apply, please visit: