LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Challenge WIP: [SkyGunner]

01-17-2002, 06:47 AM
Hi everyone, here is my WIP. :)

Hopefully, I have more time to work on it before the deadline. Will add prosthetic, weapon (or spoon) and more details later.

Let me know your thoughts. BTW, if anyone knows of a good polygon texturing tutorial for Maya, let me know. I know the basic theory but I haven't had the chance to do any cylindrical or spherical mapping as well as remapping the UVs. All advice is welcome.

Thanks. -SkyGunner

01-17-2002, 06:59 AM
Geocities does not allow outside linking.

copy paste that people.

01-17-2002, 07:25 AM
geocities sucks big time :mad:

where would you guys recommend posting our stuff?

01-17-2002, 08:32 AM
Well, it's simple really. If you know any HTML or a webpage publishing program, you make a webpage on your Geocities account. Maybe even put the 3D images in a subdirectory of their own? lol It's a good way of linking to the page without having to cut and paste the image link.

Perhaps someone could have a site where people can link their 3D images from a certain site for free? That would be nice if someone would start that one up.

This should show up. lol

Oh, and to show I'm trying my best at doing 3D modelling, here's my latest thing here (
Mainly doing Real-time box modelling stuff. Still learning bone rigging and texture wrapping correctly.

01-17-2002, 08:45 AM
well, there is this guy that has done that, dunno if it still goes, but I think so.

01-17-2002, 10:12 AM
Hehe cool dude, is that a prosthetic backpack? :D :D :D

01-17-2002, 12:40 PM
Also, if you click on the link that Equinoxx posted it will open in a new window, without the image, but just go to the adressbar and add a space after the last letter.

01-17-2002, 05:43 PM
Sorry people.
It looked fined in my browser when i posted. Please paste this into IE WITH a space after it.
(remember the space)

01-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Nice work!:)

Canīt wait to see more...

01-18-2002, 12:25 AM
I like the proportions... simple and effective.. and you didn't frget the tail... hmm damn... forgot again in my last update.. :rolleyes:
good work skygunner !

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.