View Full Version : Approximate Nearest Neighbor Searching

10 October 2010, 12:25 PM
Hello Friends,
I want to know how to compile this STANN ( source code for maya 64 bit using Microsoft visual c++ 2010 Express.I have zero experience on how to compile any source code & make plugin for maya,So please give me brief info on this.
And also i want to know,how can i find the nearest neighbor particle of every particle using this material.want compare the distance of every particle and find the minimum value.Thank you
With Regards
Ruchit Bhatt

10 October 2010, 07:12 AM
I started to learn How to compile basic code ("Hello World" plugin) From Complete Maya Programming book.And i stuck @ start of basic step..Here is step MS visual c++ File|New
3.In the New dialog box,click on the Project tab. on the Maya Plug-in Wizard from the list of possible project types..

Now how can i do this(step 4)..bcz when i create New Project,a screen which pop-up is as below
Help me,Thank you

10 October 2010, 02:24 PM
Ok i copied this files
MayaPluginWizard.vsdir,MayaPluginWizard.vsz & MayaPluginWizard.ico
in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcprojects
& also copied MayaPluginWizard folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\VCWizards

So,After this now Now i can see MayaPluginWizard option in new project Templates selection box.See this screen

But Now problem is ..when i click to OK.I m getting error message like "Creating Project 'Hello World'...Project Creation failed".So what to do now ? to solve this.Reply ASAP
Thank you.

I m using microsoft visual c++ 2010 express .so in MayaPluginWizard.vsz filei made some changes like thisway
But still it's not working.......................

10 October 2010, 02:42 AM
I have bumped into this problem too on win7 before. the error was same. I had never got it on xp64. maybe you can get rid of it by compiling on xp.

10 October 2010, 03:52 AM
@ zhusun ..thanx for reply..but i m on XP64 not on Win7 ..I just have installed Microsoft windows SDK V7.1......Wht elzzz remaining to solve this problem?

10 October 2010, 09:19 AM
Don't know wht the hell is going on???
Now i installed MS VC++ 2008 ,,But still same problem
2.From selection list i select Maya Plug-in Wizard & set name to "Hello World"
3.In next dialog box i set Maya version to 2011 & Vendor name to "Joker"
4.Next i set type of plugin to MEL cmd. on finish
And Boooom "Creating Project 'Hello World'...Project Creation failed"

10 October 2010, 03:22 PM
After reading too many documents on google, I found info on "How to compile code for 64bit Application using MS VC++ Express edition(Which is totally free on Microsoft site).
Here is step by step
1. Install “Visual C++ 2010 Express”
2. Install “Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4″
3. Open your VC++ Project, go to “Properties” > “Configuration Properties” > “General” and change “Platform Toolset” from the default “v100″ to “Windows7.1SDK”

Using This trick i m able to compile Plug-in (From Devkit Folder)For Maya 2011 64bit,Just by drag & drop *.sln file from Devkit>>Plug-ins folder.That means ,now my MS VC++ 2010 express is compatible to compile source code for Maya 64bit by this way,But still i m getting that error ("Creating Project 'Hello World'...Project Creation failed" ),when i try to create new project with MayaPluginWizard selection.So,tell me whts wrong i m doing Or tell me How different way i can start project.Reply ASAP.
Thank you

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2010, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.