I have many laser scanned models which need alot of postprocessing work.
I'm using 3dmax 5.1
The 3 problems with the scanned objects are.
2. Missing sides of the objects.
3. Mesh resolution is too high.
1. Can be fixed using a smooth tool such as
Polysculpt by Herman Saksono.
Thanks Herman! :)
2. The missing sides has been very problematic.
Tried creating a poly from one edge to the other and capping
but that just creates a big poly which is difficult to modify.
Need the hole to follow the contour of a rounded edge.
Any suggestions welcome here. Have attached an image.
3. Tried using max multires which is not bad, any alternatives?
Suggestions for any of the above welcome.
I realize there are laser scanning tools out there, rapidform and geomagic but I do not have the buget for these.
Any help most welcome.