Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : problems with selecting obj in scene through textscrollList

10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I have looked at a couple of similar topics here, but cant find a spec answer to my problem.

I use a python script that loads obj, in my case lights, into a textscrolllist and they get listed by name. Loading them in the beginning is no problem. The big problem is that i would like to select ind. obj in the scene dep. on what obj(name) i have selected in the textscrolllist and them then delete that obj from the first textscrollList and add them to another textscrollList. I do not want to decide in the script which light that should be selected.

I think it has something to do with this line:
str selLight[]=textScrollList q=si='aLightList';

I think I know what the line is intended for, but I dont get the structure.

Its the only part of the script i dont get, so some help would be greatly appreciated!

10-11-2010, 12:53 AM
problem solved!

10-11-2010, 09:07 AM
please post your solution boulba, as it may be of help to future visitors and also ensures this entire post isn't a pointless waste of forum space.

10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
oh, sorry. of course.

I had to structure the for loop differently ans the calling line.
Here is the code for the whole function. Its was the first two lines that was the problem.

for sItem in selLight:
print sItem+'has been moved'

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.