View Full Version : UT2004 Preview


TRi-14
10 October 2003, 06:16 PM
For those of you who havenít seen this or heard of it, here is a pretty awesome video showing it off.

Enjoy, :)

http://sjcredirvip.xlontech.net/100083/games/unrealtourn2k4/ut2004final_592x444_divx.avi

-chris

Tex3D
10 October 2003, 08:37 PM
:drool:

-Dave

kwshipman
10 October 2003, 08:47 PM
looks like a big improvement, I just am upset that they decided to releace a new product, that is prety much just an up date, one year after UT2003. I am not going to muy a new version at $50 each every 12 months.

T0BER
10 October 2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by kwshipman
looks like a big improvement, I just am upset that they decided to releace a new product, that is prety much just an up date, one year after UT2003. I am not going to muy a new version at $50 each every 12 months.

I sure am. $50 a year for a game I spend many hours online playing a week is money well spent I think. The inclusion of vehicles and additional game modes should add a whole new feel to the game anyway. (Not that I ever played the origional UT)

kwshipman
10 October 2003, 11:27 PM
I dont mind paying that much for a game a year, but considering that this is more of an update that a full fledge new game is my complaint. It should be a 20-30 expansion. But what ever, it will drop in price in due time anyways I just pick it up then:shrug:

Emrys
10 October 2003, 04:38 PM
As far as I know Epic is offering a rebate/discount if you bring in your UT2003 version.
So if you already own it, then you'll probably only have to pay $20-$30.

Cheers
Marc

Neil
10 October 2003, 05:02 PM
when's the last time a warcraft or age of empire expansion has been cheap?

kwshipman
10 October 2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Emrys
As far as I know Epic is offering a rebate/discount if you bring in your UT2003 version.
So if you already own it, then you'll probably only have to pay $20-$30.

Cheers
Marc

That is good news

Niel, dont know havent played thoes:shrug: but I would feel the same about thoes.

Lee3dee
10 October 2003, 05:16 PM
im looking forward to UT2004. tho, i would like it to be about 19.99 like with most expansions. im use best buy or circuit city will have a promotion for that price on the opening day. otherwise, i'll have to wait a little while, before the price drops. i did read somewhere that they were going to do a expansion price for their UT2003 buyers, but who knows if thats going to happen.

richcz3
10 October 2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I have read about the discount for current UT2k3 owners. But has anyone heard about the number of CD's this thing will come packed on. Currently stands at 6 Cd's. :eek:
Take that and calculate the HD space needed on your drive.

I understand they are bringing back the Assault mode. :thumbsup: That was one of my favorite modes in the original UT. Hope it makes the final cut.

richcz3

Neil
10 October 2003, 11:37 PM
6? why so many?

pgp_protector
10 October 2003, 12:13 AM
Sounds like they need to start shipping there games on a DVD :)

BiTMAP
10 October 2003, 01:45 AM
the funny thing is that your saying htis is more of an update, its really like just a normal HL mod update ect... and valve was releaseing those free.. and this costs.. *weird* but not every company see's the modders light quite like Valve (Its not as easy to mod for ANY other game as it was for HL)

Rogosh
10 October 2003, 04:41 AM
With the addition of Assault and Onslaught plus 90+ total maps (including the 36 original) I think their is more than enough content to consider this worth the price. Who the hell in would give that much content out for free :surprised

Tex3D
10 October 2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Rogosh
With the addition of Assault and Onslaught plus 90+ total maps (including the 36 original) I think their is more than enough content to consider this worth the price. Who the hell in would give that much content out for free :surprised

It isn't free.

It's $50

-Dave

And besides, you guys know you wanna buy it anyways....:rolleyes:

Rogosh
10 October 2003, 04:52 AM
Um.... isn't that what i said? Perhaps i was unclear, i only ment that i couldn't believe others would think that ut2004 didn't have a enough content to be worth 50$

kwshipman
10 October 2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Tex3D
And besides, you guys know you wanna buy it anyways....:rolleyes:

Damn, straight, but my wife and college finances say otherwise:shrug:

Tex3D
10 October 2003, 04:56 AM
Awww..quit cryin d00d!!!

You have blood don't you??:eek:

You have a few gallons of liquid Gold in them tharr veins ..Quit wastin' em on shaving cuts and go get that game!!:D

-Dave

Cry cry cry, all I hear is cryin.. Nobody wants to sacrifice anymore:hmm:

thecrow
10 October 2003, 05:39 AM
it IS SOOOOOO MUCH MORE
that is all I can say....but just you wait!
-Crow

kwshipman
10 October 2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Tex3D
Awww..quit cryin d00d!!!

You have blood don't you??:eek:

You have a few gallons of liquid Gold in them tharr veins ..Quit wastin' em on shaving cuts and go get that game!!:D

-Dave

Cry cry cry, all I hear is cryin.. Nobody wants to sacrifice anymore:hmm:

Well if you look at my avatar, you will se that I dont waste any on shaving, and if you could see the rest of my pic you would see that I have more than a few gallons. lol

Tex3D
10 October 2003, 02:20 PM
LMAO!!

Indeed!

The upside is you can buy the game and a couple of sticks of RAM to run it too.

If you keep pounding the snacky cakes like I do then pretty soon you'll be able to get a

GeForceSuperFX with the dual overhead cams and the quadro, double tesselated pixel vertex quad shader topology with the de-carbonated triple quad per vertex 1.21 jiggawatts running at 400gigaflops video card !!!!!:surprised

WOW......:hmm:

-Dave

kwshipman
10 October 2003, 03:24 PM
LOL, where do you come up with this stuf.:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.


1