View Full Version : My Showreel for 2d/3d artist

rockstar30
10 October 2010, 03:26 PM
Hi guys this is my first ever showreel... features all personal and school work done including 3D animation, Digital & Matte Painting and compositing ... Now I really hope this works when I am applying for jobs ;)

hope you like it :D

http://vimeo.com/15464564

Thanks for watching xxx

nocturne33x
10 October 2010, 06:41 PM
Nice first reel, I really liked your breakdowns, i think that will be a beneficial part of the overall reel. Are those scenes just multi layered paintings on a 3D layer in after effects or similar program?

rockstar30
10 October 2010, 06:56 PM
Hi first of all thanks :D.. really glad u liked it :D

Yeah... I created the paintings normally in Photoshop but did not merge layers as I wud usually do. Then I just divide the layers into separate parts like a fore ground, mid and background.. Then I just import it to After Effects convert the layers in 3D and then place them at a specific distance... and move the camera through it :)...

Very easy ;)

Imaver
10 October 2010, 08:25 PM
Nice reel - good luck with your next works

Booyah
10 October 2010, 09:18 PM
looks good, the only thing i think that hurts your reel is the animex promo, it's not at the same quality as the rest and the reel would be better without it.

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2010, 09:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.