* Implements animation control rigging systems for complex characters and props using Maya
* Works with the Lead Rigger to ensure that all rigs meet the show’s requirements.
* Oversees the characters, vehicles and props rigging through the animation pipeline.
* Develops tools and plug-ins to optimize animation and rigging workflow.
* Additional responsibilities may include facial target modeling and other organic and non-organic modeling tasks.
* Ensure the CG characters will employ all current character setup procedures.
* Troubleshoot and wrangle character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines.
* Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
* Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
* May participate in the recruiting and staffing of the asset team and assesses the work of prospective candidates for hiring.
* May be called upon to mentor junior members of the team.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience.
* At least 4 to 5+ years work experience required in 3D CG for Digital Animation, Visuals Effects or games.
* Excellent communication skills required.
* Expertise in setting up cloth simulation rigs highly desirable.
* Expertise with Maya and/or other high-end animation software required.
* Experience with mel, csh, python, TCL, perl or other scripting languages a must.
* Skilled knowledge of anatomy for both human/biped and animal/quadraped.
* Must work well under pressure.
* A reel demonstrating artistic ability in rigging, scripting and tools or plug-in design.
To apply, please follow this: