* Working under the guidance and direction of the Environment, Character and Hard Surface Model Supervisors the Modeling Lead is responsible for the creation of character, set, environment, prop and hard surface models insuring that the models will satisfy the style and quality of the production.
* Consult with CG Supervisor, Environment, Character and Hard Surface Model Supervisors as to the technical feasibility of elements in the designs and suggest production friendly solutions that will maintain the vision of the film.
* In consultation with the Director, Environment, Character and Hard Surface Model Supervisors assign work to modelers based on their individual skills and strengths, as needed.
* Responsible for reviewing the work of each modeler on a regular basis.
* Responsible for leading the overall modeling schedule, and balancing artistic and productivity requirements, in tandem with production management and Environment, Character and Hard Surface Model Supervisors.
* Participates in the recruiting and staffing of the modeling team - assesses the work of prospective candidates for the hiring process and works with production management and Environment, Character and Hard Surface Model Supervisors on hiring decisions, as needed.
* Partners with Environment, Character and Hard Surface Model Supervisors and production management to guide artistsí overall professional development, providing performance feedback and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
* Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
* Bachelorís degree or equivalent degree in Computer Graphics, Industrial Design, Fine Arts or equivalents having gained a strong sense of anatomy, character design, surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality. Traditional model building a plus.
* 6+ years work experience required in 3D CG for digital animation or visual effects film.
* Proficiency in organic, hard surface and procedural modeling is required.
* Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is desirable.
* Expertise with Maya is required.
* Demonstrated artistic ability.
* Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
* Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
* Attention to detail required.
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse collection of individuals.
* A reel demonstrating CG modeling experience including wireframes and traditional art work, together with drawings, paintings, photography, etc. Work should include shot breakdown.
To apply, please click here: