* Working under the guidance and direction of the Lead Texture Artist the Senior Texture Artist is responsible for the creation of textures for CG assets insuring that they will satisfy the style and quality of the production.
* Collaborate with other artists to create valid textures for production.
* Works with preproduction team to execute the desired look of CG models and characters.
* Works closely with various team members in achieving desired look of models.
* Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
* Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
* May participate in the recruiting and staffing of the asset team and assesses the work of prospective candidates for hiring.
* May be called upon to mentor junior members of the team.
* Bachelorís degree or equivalent degree in Computer Graphics, Industrial Design, Fine Arts or equivalents having gained a strong sense of design and surface development.
* Experience in UV layout, texture projections, and 2D texture painting in UV layouts.
* Proficiency in the application and use of textures in one or more 3D applications (Maya preferred).
* Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
* Procedural texture writing experience a plus.
* 3+ years work experience required in 3D CG for digital animation or visual effects film.
* Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is desirable.
* Expertise with Maya is required.
* Demonstrated artistic ability.
* Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
* Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
* Attention to detail required.
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse collection of individuals.
* A reel demonstrating texturing experience and traditional art work, together with drawings, paintings, photography, etc. Work should include shot breakdown.
To apply, click here:
https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/Pro fExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.show Job&RID=2445&CurrentPage=1