* Supervises the environment team to deliver the expected and desired models and environments.
* Responsible for ensuring and maintaining the quality and style of the models across the project.
* Consult with CG Supervisor as to the technical feasibility of elements in the designs and suggest production friendly solutions that will maintain the vision of the film.
* In consultation with the Director and CG Supervisor assign work to artists based on their individual skills and strengths.
* Responsible for reviewing the work of each artist on a regular basis and approving models and mattes for submission to the Director.
* Responsible for directing and guiding the overall modeling and environment creation on schedule and on budget, balancing artistic and productivity requirements, in tandem with production management.
* Actively participates in the recruiting and staffing of the modeling and matte painting teams - assesses the work of prospective candidates for the hiring process and works with production management on hiring decisions.
* Partners with production management to guide artistsí overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring, resolving performance management issues and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
* Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
* Bachelorís degree or equivalent degree in Computer Graphics, Industrial Design, Fine Arts or equivalents having gained a strong sense of perspective and proportion as it relates to building environments.
* 8+ years work experience required in 3D CG for digital animation or visual effects film.
* Demonstrated team leadership experience preferred.
* Proficiency in hard surface, organic and procedural modeling is required.
* Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is desirable.
* Expertise with Maya is required.
* Demonstrated artistic ability.
* Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
* Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
* Attention to detail required.
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse collection of individuals.
* A reel demonstrating CG modeling experience including wireframes and traditional art work, together with drawings, paintings, photography, etc. Work should include shot breakdown.
To apply, please click: https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1926&CurrentPage=3